LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

In need of some help plz

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of some help plz

hey guys i'm in need of some great help recently my 93 formula has been running on the rough side while i am driving the car it seems to hesitate randomly or even completely shut off with out any notice some days it runs great and some not so well and sometimes it takes a few minutes to start after driving for a short distance i recently replaced the fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter and even the fuel pump assembly the car has a msd distributor that has been running great since i bought the car right now i am just stuck on what could be possibly wrong with the car and any advise or troubleshooting procedures or where to start looking would be a great help thx
Old 04-09-2013, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

I'd check the ICM, the plug going to it, The coil and the two plugs on it. Coil wire to the opti and the opti harness. Sounds like a poor or loose connection in the ignition system somewhere.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Teching In

well guys the news is in apparently there is some sort of diode or electrical circuit inside of the ecu that went out and that is tripping the fuel pump relay which in turn killing the pump??? a local performance shop here in town ruled that to be the problem and said that the easy fix was to run the wire as a constant switch hot so it won't cut off while the switch is on (not too sure how safe that is but ok) if someone has a ecu for a 93 that would be great or any recommendation's on any aftermarket tuning companys like fastchip or pcm for less that can maybe offer a slight performance gain???

Quick Reply: In need of some help plz