LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 optispark problems

Old 04-15-2013, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 optispark problems

I have a 1993 camaro z28 and am having problems with the optispark. I can't really afford to replace it right now. I just put a 95 caprice lt1 in it and i busted the vaccum line to the cap is there any way i can block that off right now i'm gonna replace it when i can afford i am just looking to fix it real quick my 93 motor didnt' have the vaccum. can i block it off for right now, or would it be completely non functional. I am also running into some other problems such as a few vaccum problems off the throttle body i know one of the two go to the pvc valve on the valve cover, but the one below it i can't seem to find were it goes, i bought this car for 1200 the guy already had most of it disasembled and i'm all lost on this. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Oh and i found out the hard way that the optispark off my old motor won't fit on it. Is it worth the extra hp to keep this lt1 in it? it's got a 6 spd behind it
Old 04-16-2013, 02:10 AM
Staging Lane

I would not block it off, as then moisture would build up inside the unit defeating the purpose of that tube. You can run without it, just make sure no water gets inside that hole.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by andye250
I have a 1993 camaro z28 and am having problems with the optispark. I can't really afford to replace it right now. I just put a 95 caprice lt1 in it and i busted the vaccum line to the cap is there any way i can block that off right now i'm gonna replace it when i can afford i am just looking to fix it real quick my 93 motor didnt' have the vaccum. can i block it off for right now, or would it be completely non functional. I am also running into some other problems such as a few vaccum problems off the throttle body i know one of the two go to the pvc valve on the valve cover, but the one below it i can't seem to find were it goes, i bought this car for 1200 the guy already had most of it disasembled and i'm all lost on this. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Oh and i found out the hard way that the optispark off my old motor won't fit on it. Is it worth the extra hp to keep this lt1 in it? it's got a 6 spd behind it
Leaving that hole open is pretty risky... any water or moisture that gets in there will ruin your day. The opti should be sealed, I would block off the hole and keep it dry until you can replace the line.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by andye250
such as a few vaccum problems off the throttle body i know one of the two go to the pvc valve on the valve cover, but the one below it i can't seem to find were it goes
Not a PCV valve. The top port on the TB is a breather tube which goes into the pass. side valve cover. The PCV valve is located on the drivers side. The middle line in the TB is vacuum for the evap solenoid. The bottom line is a coolant line which runs coolant through the TB.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:55 PM

Ok I got that to the evP selenoid but does it go to the top or bottom one on the selenoid

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lt1 optispark problems