LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

wiring the headlights in an LT1 car with an LS1 front end swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 06:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring the headlights in an LT1 car with an LS1 front end swap

i know the LS1's are made so when u put on the brights, the lows stay on as well, but since the LT1's used a high/low bulb, im not sure how to wire them for the lows to stay on when the brights are flipped on? i was guessing that there is a ground i could constantly ground out from the fuse box to keep them on... but has anyone ever done this know for sure? im not a master electrician...

also, im going to be running HID's, dont know if that will matter, or eliminate any possibilities?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

bump... yall this has got me stumped.

there is two fuses in the fuse box, one for driver side head light and one for pass. the grounds are constant to the lights and the live wires cut on and off. if it broke the ground instead of the live feed like fuel injectors do i could find a way splice in the live feeds together with a limiting to the current and make the dim a constant ground and solve my problem.... because on dim, the bright would still be without a ground, but its never that easy.

anyone done a front end swap and figured out a way to achieve this without losing dim only? ugh.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

come to think of it, LT1 camaros had 4 head lights... maybe there is something to be discovered there...
Old 05-13-2013, 12:20 AM
TECH Regular

for anyone with an LT1 or LS1 firebird, trans am(LS1 pontiac's already have it...), or camaro, this is what you need to run quad beams simultaneously. worked like a charm for me!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...same-time.html

Quick Reply: wiring the headlights in an LT1 car with an LS1 front end swap