LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Having Tuning MAF issues about to be at ends WIT

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Having Tuning MAF issues about to be at ends WIT

Car is tuned by one of the best tuners period....... Everytime the car is tuned by him the car runs awesome for about a month then it starts hunting for idle and runs a little sluggish. I never had this problem with the Speed Density tune. The car made 703/737 rwtq on 200 shot with the MAF .. Could this be a bad 02 sensor causing this issue? Possibly same one? This has happened twice now... I have a very big HR cam.. Could it be possible that it just needs to be ran on speed density tune.. I never had any driving issues with speed density..
Old 05-25-2013, 07:18 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's not the tuning. It's the car changing. The tuning can not change. Dirty MAF, gunk around the throttle blades, dirty injectors, etc. Not being Speed Density sure isn't the problem.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bad 02's can rick havoc on a lot of things especially idle. I tend to run Open loop idle for big cams since the overlap of the camshaft tends to trick the 02 sensors IMO. Id rather do a MAF setup any day over SD, did a 25x 26x cam with MAF only about a month ago, idles steady at 850.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
It's not the tuning. It's the car changing. The tuning can not change. Dirty MAF, gunk around the throttle blades, dirty injectors, etc. Not being Speed Density sure isn't the problem.
Do you run Speed Density? If this car was only driven in nice weather would you run speed Density? I looked at MAF and checked all around throttle body. The setup is fairly new I would have a hard time believing injectors. Im thinking bad 02.. The car lives in a garage and is barely driven..
Old 05-26-2013, 05:32 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had several modified cars, had them cars both ways. There is no way the problem is the car having a MAF. They are less prone to have the issues you describe than a speed density car. You have something else going on.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Update.

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
I have had several modified cars, had them cars both ways. There is no way the problem is the car having a MAF. They are less prone to have the issues you describe than a speed density car. You have something else going on.
UPDATE

I drove the car exactly 2 weeks ago and the thing drove without any issues. Ran perfect!! So I parked it and decided I will let it sit for 2 more weeks and just got done driving it without any issues.. Im real confused.....I havent touched it!! Not cleaned the MAF nothing.. The only variation is that the weather is Hotter...
Old 06-14-2013, 11:55 PM
Launching!

OK?

SO the hotter the weather the better it runs with 0 issues?
Old 06-15-2013, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SPOOLED UP
OK?

SO the hotter the weather the better it runs with 0 issues?
Yep. Drove it around for 30 mins. Drove like it should....

Quick Reply: Having Tuning MAF issues about to be at ends WIT