LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need a suitable location for my opti vent tube for over the radiator intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need a suitable location for my opti vent tube for over the radiator intake

I am pretty much finished with my over the radiator intake setup, but was wondering what I should do with the small opti vent tube that originally went in the elbow. I would rather not have to string all the way to where my new intake starts, so where else can I install it? Thanks. I have attached a pic of my setup. Any other suggestions on my setup are highly encouraged. This car is under construction but nearing completion. I am about to repaint the engine compartment soon.
Attached Thumbnails Need a suitable location for my opti vent tube for over the radiator intake-001.jpg  
Old 05-29-2013, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Get a drill bit a little smaller than the nozzle on the end of the opt vent, drill a small hole and put it on the bottom of that rubber boot between the MAF and the TB. I ran mine like that for a few years with no issues.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stroked96Bowtie
Get a drill bit a little smaller than the nozzle on the end of the opt vent, drill a small hole and put it on the bottom of that rubber boot between the MAF and the TB. I ran mine like that for a few years with no issues.
You know, that actually crossed my mind but I was afraid it would look "rigged". If there are no other locations, I will do that I guess.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moderate Z28
You know, that actually crossed my mind but I was afraid it would look "rigged". If there are no other locations, I will do that I guess.
Looked fine, not rigged at all. Putting it on the bottom hides it, the smaller drill bit makes it a tight fit too. There are probably better ways to do it but worked good on my rig.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stroked96Bowtie
Looked fine, not rigged at all. Putting it on the bottom hides it, the smaller drill bit makes it a tight fit too. There are probably better ways to do it but worked good on my rig.
Yeah underneath would be alright. My original thought was on top.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 93 is set up the same as stroked96.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by whytryz28
My 93 is set up the same as stroked96.
93 upgraded to vented opti huh?

Do you guys think I should have gotten that wide, corvette style air filter or would there be no benefit? It seems like it would catch more air. IDK though, my intake pipe is 4".
Old 05-29-2013, 09:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Depends on which filter has more surface to it on how much air it can suck, but on another note I have my vent tube ran into my rubber boot between the MAF and lid (I did an SLP lid swap) Works fine and does not look bad to me at all honestly. I forgot to zip tie my hoses up on the bottom and it rubbed the crank pulley leaving a few marks on the hose.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

you could always do what you have to do to the 90 degree hoses, drill a tiny hole(forget the size) and install a rubber grommet that the vent hose then plugs into. But all this came with my cheap ebay 90 degree elbow...

Quick Reply: Need a suitable location for my opti vent tube for over the radiator intake