LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Replacement motor and mounting nuts for DMH cutout

Old 07-05-2013, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Replacement motor and mounting nuts for DMH cutout

So my electric cutout vibrated itself loose and fell off, luckily it was in a parking lot, so it didn't do much damage to it, just the motor, which bent the motor shaft I assume on impact. Anyway, I contacted DMH 4 weeks ago, no reply. I contacted MultiProducts with the part number on the casing, the company that makes the gearbox for the cutouts, they said it was a custom casing and I would have to contact DMH . The motor is the only part that is damaged, not the gearbox. I can disassemble the gearbox myself to replace the motor, however, I need to know what kind of motor I can replace it with. There are no identifying numbers on it, only the word "SUN" on the plastic back to the motor where the wire solders onto the motor.

2) Since the nuts got loose and fell out, I need to find nuts that will fit to bolt to the cutout on the exhaust, but the exhaust cutout bolts arent long enough for a regular nut.

Can anyone help with this? I'm sure someone else on here has had to replace their cutout motor before.

Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacement motor and mounting nuts for DMH cutout