LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

hesitaint,popping exhuast,choppy shaky ride. after colum install

Old 07-07-2013, 02:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hesitaint,popping exhuast,choppy shaky ride. after colum install

These are my symptoms: Hesitent while crusing, choppy when giving it moderate fuel, popping sound from exhaust, ticking sound from driver side rear engine bay. Whining sound coming from driver side engine cmpt, loss of power. low erratic RPM/Oil PSi readings, Will drop a few RPMs and Oil PSi and sound like it wants to cut out but never gets close. My + terminal is not getting a good current because a couple of times I turned the key and entire power cut until I opened the hood and moved the + terminal a bit. It’s tightened now. And I don't think this car hold charge in the sense that after a while of not being used the power locks go out. Don’t know but I need my car and it sucks to fix one thing and then have it throw you a hard ball.

So I changed out my entire steering Colum, lock cylinder, and steering wheel. The Colum that I bought used on craigslist.com was from a same year fbody-camaro. So I completely remove the old one and do away with the airbag. Once all was installed I noticed that one of the hookups-(orange one from the cylinder lock)(PICTURE 1) did not have any receptacle for it. I started looking around the inside of the dash and found this. (PICTURE 2.) I don't know what it is, looks like a resistor bypass for the key. Could this mean it was stolen at one point? It was just installed in place of the original orange connection from the master cylinder.

So I go ahead and REMOVE this weird thing that does not look factory and hook up everything else. Then I notice that there is a 4 pin blue/blk
(PICTURE 3) connector left without and receptacle. I think the older Colum might have been different, I don't know.

I got a new battery as well. 800Cc 757CA. I guess if I had to pinpoint a time were I messed up would be that I had unplugged the MAF and started up the car after I was done with the install. No one purpose I had just finished messing around with my air intake and forgot that's all.

I appriciate all the help guys.

PICTURE 1

PICTURE 2

PICTURE 3
Old 07-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

anyone have any suggestions. i dont't have a car right now its killing me.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the orange one is to the airbag wiring, the others do not ring a bell.
Take a look around Shoebox;s site shbox.com it may have a schematic that can help.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the information.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: hesitaint,popping exhuast,choppy shaky ride. after colum install