LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

This and future LTxShootouts...

Old 07-19-2013, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default This and future LTxShootouts...

The time is almost upon us, we are creeping up on Aug 31 rather quickly! I'm very excited and I hope that all of you are as well!

We all know the reality that our GenII LTx platforms are rather outdated and for lack of a better term, a "dying breed". The LSxShootout and other LSx event are bigger than ever, not to mention the Gen V LT1 is just on the horizon and destined to be just as huge as the LSx platform.

Where does that leave all of us GenII LTx'ers? With one small event that is ours and ours alone. I'm proud. I know you are too. So what we need now is to band together, stronger than ever before to make our annual LTxShootout live on.

We are seeing very low registration numbers and frankly we are starting to get a bit worried. Without attendance, (Racers and Spectators alike) there can't be a shootout. I understand sometimes cars aren't done in time, or break, or family obligations come up, the list goes on. But please, please do your best to at least attend. The livelihood of the shootout in it's current format depends on it.

I really don't want to mention this again, but here's the truth. We put up ALOT of our own money out of pocket to try and get this year's shootout up to new levels, putting up payouts, paying for magazine ads, etc. The idea was that this would be money well spent and set up the foundation for many future shootouts to come. Once again this all comes back to attendance.

No people + no cars = no ltxshootout.

Guys (and gals) we cannot fund the race by ourselves again. If it doesn't take off this year, it is very, very, very likely that the shootout will not exist in it's current format next year.

Please Please Please, do everything you can to make it this year! One way or another! Word of mouth is everything, we need bodies in the stand and cars on the track.

Thanks for your support,

The Ks Crew
Old 07-19-2013, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I share your adamant love for the LTx platform but Im not biased as I love the LSx platform as well. I will just tell you what you already know. Having a once a year shootout in the middle of the country for this platform is not going to draw the guys from the far reaches of the country. Its a big expense to jump on the road and drive 12-20 hours one to reach this track and race basically for free then drive back.

I understand the love some have for this platform in the short time it was the focal point of General Motor's lineup just like I understand how the old Fun Ford Weekend and the current LSX Shootouts go. People want to rep their combo. I personally would love to come out and show support even though I wouldnt be the fastest. Its just a lot easier for people from the Midwest to come out and show that support.

I would have to say it would almost be easier IMO at this point to merge with the LSx Shootouts and create a couple of classes within their format or even possibly go head to head with the LS platform in a couple of the lower classes. The sponsor support would be better and the turnout would possibly be even higher due to location of the tracks. You just wouldnt get a lot of the west coast guys like myself out that far east.

I think if you took some of the restrictions off guys like Taner and Tony Shepard could compete in Real Street and a fully built LT1 could get solidly in the field in Drag Radial.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This and future LTxShootouts...