LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

PCM or Trans

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM or Trans

So as i go to shift into Forward gear. all of a sudden its slams into gear, as if the idle was at like 2000rpm then putting into Drive. Thats about how hard itwent into gear. Also when i left the driveway it wouldn't shift into the next gear till 3100rpm, so on and so forth for all the gears. Even tried manually shifting it and still the same thing. Now here some helpful hopefully stuff to add: The gear selecter starts out with 2 as the low gear and then shows D and then square D. Also when in D or in Square D it wont kick down when punching it (WOT). Never touched the trans or anywhere near it when i replaced the roller rockers. Left the cables Pos. Neg. undone for the two days working on it, also the front end was 1 1/2 feet raised the whole time, not sure if this matters but might as well list it.I replaced the 1-2 3-4 solenoids also. Thats about it any input would be greatly appreciated thank you , Dave

also i tried to pull codes from the data link connector and i get nothing not even a code to say computer checks out. when i do the jumper wire to read codes from ses light, it kicks the fans on but dont flash anything. and yes the light buld works for the ses thanks guys
Old 08-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

i say no to pcm.
have you done any programming, tuning?
check the calble to see if anything is broken, specially the area by the selector driver side under car.
report back...
Old 08-09-2013, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by dually681
i say no to pcm.
have you done any programming, tuning?
check the calble to see if anything is broken, specially the area by the selector driver side under car.
report back...
apologize it took so damn long to get back to u. put it on the code scanner and turned out to be a shift1-2 solenoid, and tps sensor. Now i got another problem with hypertech tuner tells me that computewr is blank, so i get this absolute mifire after the car warms up. it starts to fall on its face and just run like crap. but no ses light has come on. and tuner box says call hypertech. yikes. but when i stomp on it. it ***** and gets but low rpm it feels like 4 cylinders runnning and thats it.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Teching In

If the unit says to call us, we will need to look at unit most likely. When you call make sure you have the part number and serial number.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Hypertech
If the unit says to call us, we will need to look at unit most likely. When you call make sure you have the part number and serial number.
could it be possible that it is the pcm or a bad hypertech tuner

Quick Reply: PCM or Trans