LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

question about gear ratio change in tunerpro RT

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 08:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default question about gear ratio change in tunerpro RT

ok i'm a tuning noob and don't even have the cable yet (will be here next week) but i'm trying to figure out how to change the speedometer in tunerpro as i just had 3.42 gears installed in my car. one of the pics is the numbers i got from an LT1 speedometer calibration tool and the other is a pic of the stock values in an A4 3.23 file that i downloaded just so i could get a feel for what i'll be doing. why do these 2 sets of numbers look nothing alike? the numbers in the speedo calibration spreadsheet that i'm supposed to enter into tunerpro are the green numbers
Attached Thumbnails question about gear ratio change in tunerpro RT-tunerprotest.jpg   question about gear ratio change in tunerpro RT-tiresizecalibration.jpg  
Old 08-09-2013, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think i might have found the problem. it appears that BIN file i have isn't right. i downloaded another bin that says it's for a stock 95 A4 and these are the numbers it lists. much closer to the numbers the calculator is telling me i should enter. the last 2 numbers seem right on, but the first one still is showing 12, when what i see for a stock tire size 245/50/16 and 3.23 rear is 25. i can't get the number to go less than 21 even with 2.73's and 235/60 tires which i think were the non performance tire size. i guess i'm just curious to see if anyone has done this before and if i'm attacking this the right way. ultimately by the time i get my cable i want to just be able to plug it in, download the file, change the correct values, and reupload the file to my PCM.
Attached Thumbnails question about gear ratio change in tunerpro RT-95a4speedostock.jpg  

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 08-09-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Quick Reply: question about gear ratio change in tunerpro RT