LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Land

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Land

I just wanted to stop in and say hey to all my LT1 buddies on here. Been away from the site mostly for a few months.....not doing anything with my LT1's but driving them for awhile.

I have started a 409 chevy build for my 61 after wanting one ever since I bought it when I was 15. (40 in about 2 months) It's going to be a stroker with aluminum heads, big CR, and a solid roller. Hopeing for about 650 HP (flywheel). If I'm lucky it will be about as quick as a good 425-450 RWHP LT1 F-body.

I'll still be around from time to time. Ya'll have fun and keep the shiny side up!!

Jason
Old 08-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Staging Lane

You gonna build a W engine? You've picked a tough row to hoe. They certainly have their idiosyncrasies. Myself, I've always liked the Mopar 'A' 318 polysphere engine.

Good Luck and I hope you reach your goal!
Old 08-21-2013, 04:55 PM
TECH Regular

Welcome home. That should be one hell of a strong flat head motor.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys. Once it's a little farther along I think I may post a thread up in the small block/big block subsection of our LT1 section here.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1961ba427
I just wanted to stop in and say hey to all my LT1 buddies on here. Been away from the site mostly for a few months.....not doing anything with my LT1's but driving them for awhile.

I have started a 409 chevy build for my 61 after wanting one ever since I bought it when I was 15. (40 in about 2 months) It's going to be a stroker with aluminum heads, big CR, and a solid roller. Hopeing for about 650 HP (flywheel). If I'm lucky it will be about as quick as a good 425-450 RWHP LT1 F-body.

I'll still be around from time to time. Ya'll have fun and keep the shiny side up!!

Jason
Hey Ga. neighbor! Check out my avatar. You see what I'm missing! lol. Send me a text when you get a chance. Id love to see some of those cars you have. Take care.

Last edited by moderate Z28; 08-26-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moderate Z28
Hey Ga. neighbor! Check out my avatar. You see what I'm missing! lol. Send me a text when you get a chance. Id love to see some of those cars you have. Take care.
Not missing any more. See ya tomorrow to pick up my hood. Thanks for going to get them for me. Hope you enjoy the one you're keeping. Can't wait to see how it looks on there. As far as the cars I have: All of them are crappy looking compared to yours. None are garaged. None even get washed regularly. 6 kids at home.....just not enough time and money for everything. I'm determined to get this 409 built by the first of the year....and then a shop finished by this time next year. Ordered the $900 Scat stroker crank last week after selling off a bunch of other stuff. That was the biggest purchase I had left. Only other really big one is $800 for a set of custom Diamond pistons. My 13 year old Ebay account was scewed up because of them "linking" it to an account my ex-wife (since 2007) opened up 11 months ago. She owed them $11.87 and they were going to PERMANTLY suspend my account. They would not even let me pay them the amount to keep my account open. It took several calls and about 3 months to straighten out. The final call lasted from 7pm to 2am one night. I was so mad I wasn't going to get off the phone until they fixed it or they told me they did not want my business anymore. They've still got selling limits on me that I did not have for years because of it that are really holding me up. I can't sell anything else besides what is listed until Oct. 1st.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1961ba427
Not missing any more. See ya tomorrow to pick up my hood. Thanks for going to get them for me. Hope you enjoy the one you're keeping. Can't wait to see how it looks on there. As far as the cars I have: All of them are crappy looking compared to yours. None are garaged. None even get washed regularly. 6 kids at home.....just not enough time and money for everything. I'm determined to get this 409 built by the first of the year....and then a shop finished by this time next year. Ordered the $900 Scat stroker crank last week after selling off a bunch of other stuff. That was the biggest purchase I had left. Only other really big one is $800 for a set of custom Diamond pistons. My 13 year old Ebay account was scewed up because of them "linking" it to an account my ex-wife (since 2007) opened up 11 months ago. She owed them $11.87 and they were going to PERMANTLY suspend my account. They would not even let me pay them the amount to keep my account open. It took several calls and about 3 months to straighten out. The final call lasted from 7pm to 2am one night. I was so mad I wasn't going to get off the phone until they fixed it or they told me they did not want my business anymore. They've still got selling limits on me that I did not have for years because of it that are really holding me up. I can't sell anything else besides what is listed until Oct. 1st.
I just wanna thank you for putting trust into me. I know its hard to trust people these days, and I was a little surprised you went through with my offer. But I wont let you down! See ya later on. Ill text you.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moderate Z28
I just wanna thank you for putting trust into me. I know its hard to trust people these days, and I was a little surprised you went through with my offer. But I wont let you down! See ya later on. Ill text you.
You're welcome. After the summer I've had, it was looking like I'd never make it down to Florida to pick them up. I appreciate that we could work something out that helped us both. It was nice to meet you. Hope you and the kids make it home safely. Hopefully we can get together @ the track down at Cecil one day.

Quick Reply: LT1 Land