LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Little balls

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little *****

Nope not what you were thinking. Pulled the Exp Valve & accumulator and found these little tiny ***** all inside the system. Isnt it from the bag in the accumulator? Well I ordered (accumulator) before hand and good thing I was intuitive enough to order that before I took the old one out. The big question is if my whole A/C system screwed? I aired out the old Evap core (even though I have the new one with me still in the box) and only freon cam out. I replaced the Expansion Valve and Accumulator. Leaving the Evap core alone for now because I really dont have the time to take the whole dash apart. Hope those 2 (Expansion Valve & Drier/Accum) will solve the Block I had in the system. Just wanted to get your guys opinions with those ***** all in my system if I need a new compressor, Condenser, ect.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wish I could help you, but all I know about AC systems is that you'll lose about 40#'s off the front end by throwing it out - and my TA reminded me of how nice it is to have on a hot day .

Free bump anyway...
Old 10-12-2013, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Puck
Wish I could help you, but all I know about AC systems is that you'll lose about 40#'s off the front end by throwing it out - and my TA reminded me of how nice it is to have on a hot day .

Free bump anyway...
Lol im about at that point of saying fuckit, it’ll make me faster without it. Only reasons why im keeping it is because #1 my cooling fans need to come on, and #2 im going to be in south carolina all winter & kinda need the heater.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can ditch the AC and keep the heater. Pull compressor, condenser, and lines then plug the piece near the firewall. Get the 1LE delete pulley and you can keep the stock belt.

No AC is not bad as long as you stay moving, but sucks during the summer though if you get caught in traffic.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes those ***** are from the dryer. Hard to say how far they have gotten. You could back flush the condenser with denatured alcohol and see if anything comes out.

Quick Reply: Little balls