LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 tuning how to

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lt1 tuning how to

I have a 96 obd2 lt1 z28. The car bigger gears, 3200 stall converter, and AIR /egr systems removed. I brought jet dst for the car and it is not simple. My question is can someone tell me a good place to learn the basics on tuning or tell me how to get tunes that I can put in to the car via email or something like that. Or if any one know a good professional tuner to use. Thank you
Old 11-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in the same boat here, you can find a how to guide here http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com/tips/ There are also numerous websites out there with free tunes people have posted from their cars which you may be able to grab and have a good place to start from. One file website i used was http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/LT1Edit/LT1files.htm you may find one under the modded lt1 section that matches your needs, load it up on your computer and see what it has, im not familiar with the jet software, but if it wont load the file you can get the free tunerpro software and use it to read the file. of course, the OBD2 system will be different from the obd1 but you will still be able to look at the fueling and spark curve they used and might copy it into your tune. If you dont want to take on the challenge yourself, there are plenty of mail order companies that offer to email you the tune or you can have your computer sent and flashed by them. some are madz28, pcmforless and some other notable tuners, just search the forums and youll get a huge list of mail order tunes. i hope this helps, im trying to learn to tune my 93 (speed density) and it uses a chip which has to be taken in and out which kinda sucks.

Quick Reply: Lt1 tuning how to