LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Missing all of the ABS fuese and the main relay

Old 11-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing all of the ABS fuese and the main relay

I bought my 96 WS6 back in July and when I did it already had the ABS inop light on. The car drove fine with no issues as far as braking so i worked a deal because of the lack of ABS and left it alone. Well the other day I was looking around under the hood just checking things here and there, and in the process I noticed a lot of gaps in my fusebox under the hood. I got to looking and all of the fuses and the relay for the ABS system were missing. I had never bothered to check because the dealer I bought it from said they had checked the fuses and figured it might be a bad ABS module (they couldn't get a reading using their ABS scan tool. I'm guessing maybe because the ABS system was more or less shut off by the lack of fuses). Anyway I replaced the fuses and relay and the light went away and everything seems fine. My question is, is there a specific reason someone would remove those fuses and the relay? Thanks in advance
Old 11-22-2013, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

They were probably hoping you would ask for them to fix the "problem" or find out why it wasn't working to make a quick buck
Old 11-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Yeah that's what I figured. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some sort of scenario where removing that stuff would somehow prevent a brake malfunction in the event of the ABS failing

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Missing all of the ABS fuese and the main relay