LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

new to the fourth generation and wanting your input

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the fourth generation and wanting your input

Im in the process of redoing a 93 z28 for a driver. Im not wanting to replace heads or change displacement just wanting increased performance and was wanting to know what you did to your car with the stock heads (unported) what cam, did you go with headers? Was a higher stall required. What was your new performance compared to stock? Its a 93 so I know i need to get a chip burned. Is it worth it to burn your own and get the necassary cables and programs or would ya just mail order a chip from fast chip or comparable. I have no problem building an engine with no computer an without fuel injection so this is almost like starting over. Im just looking to make a good performing driver like I said without spending a **** load of money.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would say buy the stuff to burn your own chips. every time you make a change you are going to need to burn a new chip. I can say I have had to re tune my car a bunch of times from changes I have made.

performance wise your going to want to get a stall no mater what. You will want a good brand converter Cirlce D, Yank, Vig.

I ran my CC502 on stock manifolds I am switching to kooks headers. I wouldnt advise anyone to run stock manifolds and a cam though.

I wish I could Post up some Q/T mile times but every time I was going to get around to going to the track something happened.

Last edited by Adam1203; 01-19-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:46 AM

Hello Guys. Im new here I have my 69 Camaro. I love also if you have some tips and advice to improve my ride.

cheers
Old 01-19-2014, 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This link is from my post in the Dyno Archive Sticky at the top of the page, mods vs track times. An A4 will no doubt run quicker ETs but the MPH would be similar.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/16179878-post476.html
Old 01-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by guppymech
This link is from my post in the Dyno Archive Sticky at the top of the page, mods vs track times. An A4 will no doubt run quicker ETs but the MPH would be similar.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/16179878-post476.html
That is pretty respectable times. Is that all stock unported heads?
Old 01-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by alex_lavier
Hello Guys. Im new here I have my 69 Camaro. I love also if you have some tips and advice to improve my ride.

cheers
Thats definitely more my area.....been building on my malibu for 25 years and ended up full tube chassis blown 355 with a 200 shot of nitrous running 8's. That was always my goal.....8 second street car. This camaro stuff is a whole new ball game. Too many wires......computer crap.....but it definitely is something I will figure out. I really just dont want it to get out of control as Im just looking for a fun driver.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Adam1203
I would say buy the stuff to burn your own chips. every time you make a change you are going to need to burn a new chip. I can say I have had to re tune my car a bunch of times from changes I have made.

performance wise your going to want to get a stall no mater what. You will want a good brand converter Cirlce D, Yank, Vig.

I ran my CC502 on stock manifolds I am switching to kooks headers. I wouldnt advise anyone to run stock manifolds and a cam though.

I wish I could Post up some Q/T mile times but every time I was going to get around to going to the track something happened.
I was looking for the stuff to do that and wasnt seeing it for the 93 style chip burning. Where is a good place to look for that stuff?
Old 01-19-2014, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.moates.net/chip-programming-c-94.html

I use their cable to tune my 95 and am very happy.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chopperdave90
That is pretty respectable times. Is that all stock unported heads?
Thanks, yes stock unported heads. You'll find these LT1s respond very well to mods, especially to a cam change. The LT1 head casting is probably the best head Chevy made for the production SBC and I believe Vortec heads are patterned after them also.

Quick Reply: new to the fourth generation and wanting your input