LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help me decide how to build this motor...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 03:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would also save that cam for later if you decide to go stroker and turn the car more into a toy then a driver.

Also, going used on the heads is a terrific idea. Performance parts have TERRIBLE resale value, and some killer deals on proven combo's pop up every once in a while if you have patience.

I saw that shortblock in our FS forums and almost got it for my TA before deciding to sell it. It was a killer deal.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I definitely couldn't pass on that deal. Im going to keep an eye out for used parts definitely. Especially a set of heads. Possibly a bigger stall. Kinda questioning if I should get a used stall or not?
Old 04-24-2014, 04:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Huntr1117
Yeah I definitely couldn't pass on that deal. Im going to keep an eye out for used parts definitely. Especially a set of heads. Possibly a bigger stall. Kinda questioning if I should get a used stall or not?
Only if its from a long time member/reputable seller and came from a running transmission.

If a tranny goes, it could take out even a brand new stall and they may be selling one from a bad tranny that they don't even know is damaged.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats why I'm not sure about a used stall.
My plans as of now "which may change" are to go with LE2s and a different 227/235 grind that LE recommended. He said it should have strong hp/tq at or before 2500 and pull all the way to 6500 or so. I like the sound of that because it will still be fun on the street and shouldn't do too bad on the occasional track visit. I already have a 52mm tb and 30 lb injectors, will those be enough for this setup or do I really need a 58mm tb and bigger injectors?

Quick Reply: Help me decide how to build this motor...