LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

what is this box?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what is this box?

hey just wondering what this box is for. it was on the driver side front corner by the fuse block. its on a 1996 firebird formula ws6
Attached Thumbnails what is this box?-image.jpeg  
Old 05-08-2014, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Headlight module, only Birds have them.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

I was thinking it had something to do with those. I guess i'll put it back in haha. Thanks for the help
Old 05-09-2014, 01:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes it is the headlight module.

How was it mounted in the WS6? I've got a '95 that's been converted to ram air and now the module is kind of just dangling over there by the fuse box (on non-ws6 cars they're attached to the air box).

Pictures would be awesome.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:10 AM
On The Tree

I'll take some tonight. It goes right where the air box would sit on non ramair cars on a plastic panel
Old 05-09-2014, 05:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Yes it is the headlight module.

How was it mounted in the WS6? I've got a '95 that's been converted to ram air and now the module is kind of just dangling over there by the fuse box (on non-ws6 cars they're attached to the air box).

Pictures would be awesome.
I've been wondering that myself, Mine just hangs out in there lol.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Spartan7
Headlight module, only Birds have them.
In the f-bodys yes, but I keep forgetting that the 1992-1996 Corvette did not have LT1s It had something else. They also did not have popup headlights.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChevyOwner
In the f-bodys yes, but I keep forgetting that the 1992-1996 Corvette did not have LT1s It had something else. They also did not have popup headlights.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

heres where it goes. it sits on a plastic panel covering the hole where a k&n would go
Attached Thumbnails what is this box?-image-1-.jpeg   what is this box?-image-2-.jpeg  
Old 05-10-2014, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Cool. Ive got the block-off plate from SLP there now so if I wanted I could drill holes/hard mount mine there. Maybe Ill make a little bracket to tuck it away though, it's pretty ugly
Old 05-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Launching!

I was being extremely sarcastic about the attitude on here that if you post on this site in the LT1-LT4 section it is a Camaro Z28, Firebird, Trans AM, Caprice, or the other non-corvette LT1 powered car (I forgot the name) but never a Corvette.

Yes in this case it the model was told but just because s/he said the model does not mean that part is from that model.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

I was being extremely sarcastic about the attitude on here that if you post on this site in the LT1-LT4 section it is a Camaro Z28, Firebird, Trans AM, Caprice, or the other non-corvette LT1 powered car (I forgot the name) but never a Corvette.

Yes in this case it the model was told but just because s/he said the model does not mean that part is from that model.
We were discussing Fbody cars, which is about 98% of the vehicles discussed in here. No hate towards the C4's, just not many on here.

Basically what he was saying is, Camaros don't have them.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Launching!

We were discussing Fbody cars, which is about 98% of the vehicles discussed in here. No hate towards the C4's, just not many on here.

Basically what he was saying is, Camaros don't have them.
You asked for an explanation you got one.
I stand by what i said before just because someone removed it from x car does not mean was from that car. I mean its not like there have not been 1,000s of part swaps, and not just engines to and from various cars.

I guess you would tell people that the 88-92 C4 has an 4th gen firebird/trans am headlight module based on the look of the part?

EDIT
With the attitude C4 (and probably older) Corvette owners get on this site I can see why they would avoid it like the plague for many things now that I have used this site.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stand by what i said before just because someone removed it from x car does not mean was from that car. I mean its not like there have not been 1,000s of part swaps, and not just engines to and from various cars.

I guess you would tell people that the 88-92 C4 has an 4th gen firebird/trans am headlight module based on the look of the part?

EDIT
With the attitude C4 (and probably older) Corvette owners get on this site I can see why they would avoid it like the plague for many things now that I have used this site.
Who the hell pissed in your cheerios this morning?
Old 05-12-2014, 12:47 PM
Launching!

My box is just dangling in the breeze between the fender
Old 05-13-2014, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Oh look, a corvette owner with a mightier than thou attitude. He must have read his owner's manual.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
Oh look, a corvette owner with a mightier than thou attitude. He must have read his owner's manual.
Too bad its finally hot outside, can't be rocking the standard issue corvette jakcet.

But, thank god for corvette standard issue hats!
Old 05-13-2014, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

EDIT
First of all, do you even know if it's the same part number? Or are you just being grumpy for the sake of being grumpy? If you think your some kind of Corvette ambassador, you're doing a terrible job because you're just sounding whiny.

I'm fairly certain that C5 corvettes use the same headlight motors as a 93-97 Firebird and the same 4L60e torque converter as a 93-97 Fbody as well. With your mindset, should the C5 folks say they've got Fbody torque converters and headlight motors? Or at the very least if they ask questions about their C5 torque converters or headlight motors, they damn well better mention that they were in another vehicle before the C5 Corvette. I'm sure all of the guys on the vette forums practice this every day

It's GM vehicle dude. Tons of vehicles share parts...my daily driver Buick has the same steering wheel controls as my buddy's Silverado...should I tell people I have a Silverado steering wheel controls and a GMC Sierra head unit? Stupid, and a waste of time.

Also, you'd think someone with such a complex would at least know how to punctuate an sentence. Try harder.

Last edited by MasterTomos; 05-13-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I had a C4 and had no issues with this site. You're just a dick.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:16 PM
Launching!

@sweetbmxrider
What does that have to do with anything? I also don't have a manual. I know about the part in the detail I do because I had to replace mine.

@MasterTomos
You claim that I am wrong, but If I am so wrong why be so defensive?

@TechCam97
Your reply was not?

Quick Reply: what is this box?