LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Im Back

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Im Back

Not many remember me round here but I started about 8 years ago when I first joined the service was very active when I did my V6/A4>> LT1/T56 swap. what a pain, did some little mods around on the car and was extremely active. well things fell through and money didnt allow me to play anymore....

Well last night I left Cape May, NJ for a 3.5 hr drive up to New York where I grabbed this beauty for 400$ Lowered in the rear on springs and came with a set of Hooker Long tubes. trans is acting funky ( i think its a shift solenoid and needs fresh fluid FINGERS CROSSED) and he swears the snout on the crank is bent. Im going to research that and look into it but either way I have access to a LT1 with 80k on her for 300$ so ill be looking for probably a hotcam and some 1.5/6 RRs here soon just to bump these up a little.

She mainly needs some really good TLC and I plan on tackling that but mainly just wanted to get back into the game with a cheap car that runs and drives. I can always paint and fix that but didnt wanna spend a lot for a driver.... I am sooo stoked. plans on throw some bolt ons and get her cleaned up than try and trade my way up to a T56 car

(PICS WILL BE LOADED WHEN MY LAPTOP WANTS TO PLAY)
Old 05-22-2014, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

How do you bend a stock crank snout? I could understand if the motor is supercharged and the tensioner is stupid tight, but c'mon. Someone jack up the motor wrong?
Old 05-22-2014, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea im not really sure man. im thinking that or he put underdrive pulleys on... I am thining maybe he fucked something up swapping them out. I have snapped cranks before and done everything else. but havent seen a snout bend. I need to get it up in the air and pull the pulley off and see of the snout wobbles or maybe its the pulley idk

Quick Reply: Im Back