LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Single cat with ORY

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single cat with ORY

Ok, this was probably asked but I was searching for an hour without a straight answer turning up. I want to put a single cat on my 93 Camaro exhaust which will be Pacesetter LTs-->ORY-->Cat-->Hooker catback. I don't need to pass inspection however will be driving on the street so I want a cat to minimize the smell and in case someone "bad" decides to look under a car. How easy is this gonna be to get done and could they still give me junk about the setup if they do check? NJ btw

I don't want to mod the Y pipe so that's why I want to go with a single cat behind the ORY.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Get a bullet cat or two and it should be fine. A loudmouth does the same thing but with a resonator.

Odds are, it won't get hot enough to do much at that location though.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't need it to filter like a stock I basically need it there just in case. I was looking into the magnaflow 94009 cat, do you think it's worth the price? Not too expensive IMO.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

If you don't have to pass the sniffer then you could fake it. My idea was to slice a cheap aftermarket cat in half and weld the two pieces to my exhaust right after the ORY. You wouldn't be able to tell from the ground.

I have no cats and my exhaust is pretty visible from the side. I've never been bothered where I live in PA... it seems like the cops only bother you if your car is ratty, insanely loud, or you drive like a douchebag.

Quick Reply: Single cat with ORY