LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ean when shifting

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 10:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 506 Likes on 203 Posts

Default ean when shifting

Mods below, the car will go full lean and surge for a second or two after I shift gears and get back on the gas (this only happens in closed loop). After I got the car tuned the car ran great, then a couple of months after this started to happen but the car has been sitting with very little driving I have been fighting this problem for awhile now and I'm stumped. I have replaced the O2's (driver side fowled out), valve springs ( to fix valve float problem) , fuel pump (had a whole in the feed line), fuel filter. any help would be great!
Old 06-17-2014, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Could be the tune. DFCO maybe? Do you have a copy of the tune?
Old 06-17-2014, 01:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 506 Likes on 203 Posts

the car was running great after the tune so I don't think its that but as of now idk. I do, I just got tuner cats and the cable but I'm having connection issues when I was data logging it. I just haven't had time to mess with the settings for the cable.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95sscamaro
the car was running great after the tune so I don't think its that but as of now idk. I do, I just got tuner cats and the cable but I'm having connection issues when I was data logging it. I just haven't had time to mess with the settings for the cable.
Tunercats doesn't data log. Use TunerCats to read your PCM, then save that file as your tune in two places then don't mess with one of them. Make sure you run Tunercats in Windows XP (SP2) compatibility mode, otherwise it won't save files.

Download Scan9495.exe (google it) and use that for data logging, it's free.

Quick Reply: ean when shifting