LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

wrong fuel pump hose connected

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrong fuel pump hose connected

I have a 1993 pontiac firebird formula lt1 we changed the fuel pump. We hooked up all the hoses and from what I've heard I may have hooked one up that I shouldn't have. There's 2 rubber hoses coming out of the fuel pump I'm sure we hooked the one up right. But there's the one in the middle that I've heard you leave diconnected there's a nipple coming down from the sending unit with a metal tab blocking it to connect we bent the tab and hooked up the hose is this wrong should that hose actually be left just sitting in the tank and nothing hooked up to that nipple on the sending unit? I've heard this hose spits extra gas out back into the tank and the nipple is for venting. So is this right or wrong and what can happen if I leave this hose hooked up or should it be hooked up car runs fine and been driving it a month like this so far. Thankyou aNY help would be great.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:10 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

If you did away with the fuel pump bucket the life of your pump can be dramatically shortened. There should be three lines IIRC. One is your outlet, the next is your return which pumps fuel into the bucket to keep the pump cool when the fuel level is below the pump, and the third is a vent tube from the bucket into the tank.

Quick Reply: wrong fuel pump hose connected