LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 h/c running super lean

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1 h/c running super lean

I just recently put my engine together and got it running. After I broke the cam in, I shut it down for the night. About two days later I changed the oil and fired it back up. Now my wideband is reading super lean, 22:1. It was reading around 14:1 during the break in. I changed my ground for the gauge and it didnt make a difference. I mounted the wb sensor next to the original sensor so I cant see an exhaust leak being a problem. Anybody have any idea? I checked the plugs and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. They were actually surprisingly clean for a base tune.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Banned

Dude, can u list how many things could do that?

fuel pump
fuel press reg
vacuum leak, broken intake valve
exh leak - did u verify the stock NB O2s reading lean also?
WB O2 sensor failure
Try a different WB O2 sensor?

Always start with fuel press - check fuel press yet?

BTW u have zilch in your profile so u should expect as much for assistance.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

The car runs fine with no problem. Its only the gauge reading lean that worrys me. Yes I know I dont have stuff on my profile. But why would I have little assistance for that? Ive never had a problem before. I have the le2 heads with a custom grind cam. All iI asked was what would cause a false lean through the gauge bc the engine runs like a top.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:55 AM
Banned

A blank profile is standard for trolls looking to start caos and leave.

Where did u mention anything about a "false lean"? I read something u looked for exh leaks, nothing 'bout a gauge problem. Well i can see theres nothing for me to help with here.

Good luck with your "gauge problem".
Old 08-02-2014, 11:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 97formula17
The car runs fine with no problem. Its only the gauge reading lean that worrys me. Yes I know I dont have stuff on my profile. But why would I have little assistance for that? Ive never had a problem before. I have the le2 heads with a custom grind cam. All iI asked was what would cause a false lean through the gauge bc the engine runs like a top.
Are you sure it's a false lean condition? Have you tried to re-calibrate the wide band for free air? Some require it more often than others. What brand O2 did you get?

Also, a signature that has your vehicle specs (year, make, model, trans type, and mods) will help guys like us troubleshoot your vehicle with you online. All that information is applicable to vague questions like this one.

Quick Reply: lt1 h/c running super lean