LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ISO Madz28 or someone to repair old ecu + tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO Madz28 or someone to repair old ecu + tune

So I went to a guy who said he could tune today just to get some stuff done like fans and make sure my speedo was correct... The first tune went great, and the car was running good but the speedo was way off, as soon as you moved it went to 120mph;

After attempting a fix the second tune was applied with updated speedo settings, and as soon as the ignition was switched off and back on the fans kicked on full speed (I knew it was already over).... I could fire the car up, it would idle but couldn't press the gas.

I applied my spare PCM from Cardone remanufacturing which is actually a 1995 Z28 Convertible tune, and I absolutely HATE the shift points and the way it runs compared to my aftermarket tunes... I really want my other PCM fixed and re-flashed for my mods so WHO do I need to talk to?!

I'm guessing it needs to be re-chipped/repaired and re-flashed, so lmk who to ask and how to contact them, thanks!
Old 08-18-2014, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you give us vehicle specifics? Engine, Trans, heads, cam, bolt ons, year, make, model, etc. These all apply to the advise you seek.

Most of us will make a sig with this info so we don't have to post it over and over again for question like the one you asked.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Teching In

i updated it
Old 08-18-2014, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Having a 1994, the first thing you should get is the ALDL cable (~$50) and Scan9495 (free). Download WinFlash ($20) from Tuner Cats and Tuner Pro RT (free) and the supporting definition files and you can data log and tune.

If you have those things, then you can data log it and see exactly where you need to adjust to get the tune dialed in.

What I'm saying is, because LT1 tuners are becoming more scarce, I think your best bet is to learn it and do it your self.

If that's not an option, maybe PCM for less?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Best bet is either to get the stuff to do it yourself, then atleast you can have people help you out to make small tweaks to your tune. I have a few base tunes i could share. Im quite green to it myself but would help as much as i could! My 96 is converted to OBd1 and im using CATS/Datamaster for tuning/logging
Old 08-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Well I have a few problems right now, I notice that my car is running way higher RPM than before (maybe not in 4th), the Speedo is way off, the BLM are really low most of the time, the 3500 stall doesn't lock up nearly as well as it did before...

This 95 PCM is way off from what I had in it before, I am unsure if the old PCM had a tune or not as I said I have not had the car for long.

Attached below is my current 95 PCM bin along with a log I just made with one or two quick WOT pulls.

The end is obvious idling, look at the BLM how low?! I never remember them being that low on the last pcm.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
95PCM BIN+LOG.zip (115.7 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Ill have to take a look @ the files when i get home and get on cats. Interested to see how they look. What are you running for tires? rear end ratio?
Old 08-18-2014, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Need tire size to correct speedometer calibrations. I'd start by making the speedometer correct to actual speed. Then see how the trans feels then.

Last edited by hrcslam; 08-18-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

If you can solder, I can sell you the T-side and E-side chips, they are programmed ready to go. they are genuine Intel chips. I use to repair the pcm's but just dont have time right now..
Old 08-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Just looking @ the tune now, theres no info in the tune for tire size. The shift points are all also wayyyy out of whack. I can see why your not liking them. I think a change to the shift mph settings and the tire size it should smarten the car up a lot.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dannyac500
Just looking @ the tune now, theres no info in the tune for tire size. The shift points are all also wayyyy out of whack. I can see why your not liking them. I think a change to the shift mph settings and the tire size it should smarten the car up a lot.
Agreed. Need that tire size to go any further.

Quick Reply: ISO Madz28 or someone to repair old ecu + tune