LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 ENGINE DYNO, NOT CHASSIS DYNO - Austin Texas Area ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 08:16 PM
krj
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 ENGINE DYNO, NOT CHASSIS DYNO - Austin Texas Area ?

Hello,

I JUST had my heads (561) and intake done by Lloyd Elliott (LE1). btw - that is one AWESOME GUY! Now, getting this thing put back together and looking to try to find an engine dyno (not chassis) somewhere in the Austin, Texas area. You would think that having a formula 1 track here -- someone -- anyone -- would have a real engine dyno. Why? Because if I screwed something up putting this back together then I do not want to go through the PITA in dropping the A-frame again! Any suggestions?
Old 08-20-2014, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The engine dyno isn't the issue. It's the tuning of the PCM that's the problem. Not many have the software, nor care to invest in said software, to tune the LT1 PCM. Not to mention you'd have to provide the PCM and harness as they wont have that either.

Good luck finding one, I wish I knew of one too. If you can't....

You're better off priming the oil to make sure it flows to all lifters/rockers, hook up a mechanical gauge and make sure it holds pressure while priming. Then do a coolant system pressure check on the engine with the intake off so you can see in the intake and exhaust ports for leaks.

If you can crank the engine on a stand, do a compression check too and a leak down if needed. If all that checks out good. Install it and chassis tune it.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could buy a GMPP dual plane LT1 intake if you really wanted to put it on a engine dyno. The shop should have a carb and distributor around to fit it. I know this is not practical... but it is the only other option.

Quick Reply: LT1 ENGINE DYNO, NOT CHASSIS DYNO - Austin Texas Area ?