LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Aeromotive 13106 install question- fuel return line connection

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Aeromotive 13106 install question- fuel return line connection

Hi guys. I got the 13106 fuel pressure regulator for my 92. It should have been a smooth install other than my rails are different that what the instructions show.

I have the lt4 intake and I'm not sure what rails I have other than I can say that in the photo in the instructions, the rails have the regulator "in" at the end of the passenger side rail. Mine is underneath the passenger side rail.

I got it mounted and I am running into an issue with the return line connection to the regulator. I put the line into the regulator and then proceeded to crank it down. I didn't go too tight, but it seems like it's too loose. I can rotate the return line around and it seems no where tight enough to seal. It feels like I'll either run out of thread or strip it from going to tight. Also, what torque spec should this max out at?

Anyone have any experience with this?
Attached Thumbnails Aeromotive 13106 install question- fuel return line connection-photo-1.jpg   Aeromotive 13106 install question- fuel return line connection-photo-2.jpg   Aeromotive 13106 install question- fuel return line connection-photo-3.jpg   Aeromotive 13106 install question- fuel return line connection-photo-4.jpg  
Old 09-29-2014, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Why bother with an aftermarket regulator?

If you have an LT4 intake what PN should you have bought?

You know the 93 intake as cast is BETTER than the LT4? Need some huge intake ports before the LT4 has the potential with porting to be an upgrade.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Launching!

The intake was on the car when I bought it. Both the heads and the intakes have been cnc'd. The intake runners are cnc'd all the way into the plenum. The car was built in 1998 and I'm guessing people were just slapping on the latest and "greatest" parts on the car; they probably didn't have as much knowledge of the flow figures as we do now.

I was usinig the stock one but when I went to a walbro 465 litre pump, at idle the fuel pressure jumped from 40-41 to 55-58 at idle. Another friend of mine had a similar problem using an aeromotive a1000 (about 500 lph). These vortech ysi cars are pretty fuel thirsty hence the big pump.

I'm hoping that this will fix my issue and get the car to run as the tune was intended originally.

I called aeromotive this morning and he said that my situaiton with the return fitting was normal. He said it was sealed by the o-ring and that the piece doesn't have to be immovable; it just has to be down so that the ridge on the return line is against the nut preventing it from blowing out. Hopefully he's right or I might have a nice bonfire in my engine bay.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I was on my phone and didn't see the sig. I wonder if 94+ style rails would have helped the problem, I would still consider them if that regulator will work. The front crossover makes for steadier fueling.

I can probably find a set if you are interested.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:11 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the input on the rails. If I can pickup a set, I might just do that if it would help fuel distribution one day when I turn up the wick!

Edit.. Just got a look at the 94-96 rails. I've been contemplating putting an additional crossover tube on mine. Maybe I'll run down to the fitting store and get the parts...
Old 09-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Launching!

hi guys. An update. I got it in and before I did so, I reclocked the vacuum hook up 180 degrees to face the right way. I did a key on and I saw 41 psi at the rail and no leaks in the 5 minutes that I staring at it. I'll fire it up tomorrow after another test key on and see if I can better control my idle pressure.

After this, I just need to recalibrate my wide band and I'm ready to fine tune this thing and get it ready for the track.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Launching!

fired up and all good. dialed back the fuel pressure to where it needs to be.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude, pics of your setup please. arn't you the guy I got the intercooler from on the vette forums? I didnt know you had a ysi on your car! thats badass.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Launching!

Yup, that's me. I have more info on the setup on the corvetteforum. I should be getting some new videos up on YouTube now that little by little I'm getting the car up and running.

The intercooler money helped buy this regulator. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Aeromotive 13106 install question- fuel return line connection