LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Heater hose mod with bilsteins

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater hose mod with bilsteins

I'm putting on a set of Bilsteins this weekend, along with new stock height springs, this is a dd, but i do like the look of a more level car that people get with the heater hose in the back.

I've read that stock Bilsteins don't like it, but how much can a 1/2" drop hurt them? I'd like to do it, but defer to the much greater knowledge of this forum, do it, or don't?
Old 10-23-2014, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

My car had a slight opposite rake with stock springs/shocks where the front sat higher than the back. The mod alone would have made it worse so I put BMR springs on the front and installed Bilsteins all around to even it out. Still a rake but I'd rather have the front lower. Looked alright.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaxem
I'm putting on a set of Bilsteins this weekend, along with new stock height springs, this is a dd, but i do like the look of a more level car that people get with the heater hose in the back.

I've read that stock Bilsteins don't like it, but how much can a 1/2" drop hurt them? I'd like to do it, but defer to the much greater knowledge of this forum, do it, or don't?
The Bilsteins will be fine with the lowered ride height, we have many of our customers that use Bilstein shocks with our BMR lowering springs. Also, removing the rear spring isolator will probably drop closer to a 3/4" so just prepared for it drop a little more than a 1/2".

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the same exact set up I'll have. In the pic it looks perfect. I would actually prefer the front to be a tad lower. How does it ride and handle if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by Catmaigne
My car had a slight opposite rake with stock springs/shocks where the front sat higher than the back. The mod alone would have made it worse so I put BMR springs on the front and installed Bilsteins all around to even it out. Still a rake but I'd rather have the front lower. Looked alright.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

The ride was noticeably firmer than stock but not too harsh. I put on some better sway bars and the car handled like it was on rails. It was a great setup for the money. I have BMR springs all around now and it's not as smooth but I deal with it because racecar.

Quick Reply: Heater hose mod with bilsteins