LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Louisiana LT1 Engine (including tuning) & Transmission Work

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:21 AM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Louisiana LT1 Engine (including tuning) & Transmission Work

Guys,

I've recently relocated back to the Baton Rouge area, and haven't been on the performance enthusiast "scene" in a few years. Not sure who's still in business doing LT1-anything nowadays, but I need some help. I'm looking for a reputable company to rebuild my stock-ish LT1 engine, but I'm looking to go slightly higher on power. Have browsed around the Impala (and other LTx boards) for years, and know that quality takes some cash. Not that I have a limitless budget, but I'm not looking for the bargain basement slap-on-a-part build. Not looking for an all-out drag car, but it'd be nice to have more hp to than my 381hp Tundra.

I'm looking for a knowledgeable AND capable engine builder (preferably in/around the BR area) that is willing to discuss/recommend the best options AND do the job right the first time. The same goes for area transmission builders.

As for tuning, I've talked with Futral and Geoff in years past on another project of mine. Both (I know) are good at what they do. I've read on here that Moates (I believe that's how it's spelled) is another option.

Thoughts / Suggestions / Recommendations?

**edit: Feel free to PM, if it's not within the rules of this forum to mention...

Quick Reply: Louisiana LT1 Engine (including tuning) & Transmission Work