LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Update: 01/22/16 "My crappy turbo build"

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 11:10 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hope to keep my front clip, doing something like this to it:

http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...wk-photo-shoot

any progress this month or are you in baby mode?
Old 05-30-2015, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates? My car is done and I'm going to the dyno this Friday, currently on 9lbs. Car feels insane. Ultimate goal is 24lbs no meth and 18lbs on pump gas.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

This is great! With stuff like this going on, I'll have to start keeping up with what's the latest in the LTX world even though I'm getting away from them for good.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im in baby mode right now . Lol! But have fans, trans cooler, flexplate, stall and trans is in. Ordering driveshaft this weekend and torque arm in the next couple weeks. Wiring harness finally came in and also my 0411 PCM. So I have slightly started wiring. Everything is a mess right now.

Next I am trying to figure out how to do my coolant lines. Since the inlet/outlet lines to the rad/water pump are different sizes. Any thoughts?

Heres some crappy pics.....

Installing a dual fan setup......

Installed in the car. Tight fit tooo......

Derale trans cooler w/fan installed with AN fittings. Now just need to run lines from trans to cooler

Flexplate and ARP bolts

Installed TH400 w/crossmember

Old 06-04-2015, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brettmc
i hope to keep my front clip, doing something like this to it:

http://ltxtech.com/forums/showthread...wk-photo-shoot

any progress this month or are you in baby mode?

Thats a nice looking setup. Me personally I hate the front nose on 93-97 Pontiacs. Looks like a rolling pencil. Lol. I just didnt wanna go through the trouble of making the front bumper turbo friendly.

Post pics on my thread once you get to that point
Old 06-04-2015, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by zz17iroc
Any updates? My car is done and I'm going to the dyno this Friday, currently on 9lbs. Car feels insane. Ultimate goal is 24lbs no meth and 18lbs on pump gas.
DUUUUUUUDDDDDEEEE!

Im so happy for you. Send me a vid or something. Glad you got it running. Actually you just made me more depressed. Lol.
What controller are you using?
Old 06-12-2015, 03:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SwampWS6
DUUUUUUUDDDDDEEEE!

Im so happy for you. Send me a vid or something. Glad you got it running. Actually you just made me more depressed. Lol.
What controller are you using?
Don't be depressed, your a Daddy now and plus when you come down off your high from the baby, you'll get to play with your toy in the garage.

Well I never got the chance to hit the dyno, but I did manage to go to the track last week. I ran a 6.87 @ 103.87 mph with a 1.75 60ft. Never tried to turn it up because my fuel pressure was acting funny, so the next day I took apart the fuel regulator and found a huge piece of rubber from my braided fuel line inside causing all my issues. Anyway the rear brakes could not hold the car back long enough to build boost on the 2 step even though it was set at 2000 RPM. I'm still using a built 700r4 with a 3000 stall, no trans brake here. Currently working on a 4L80E swap later in the summer, but for now I'll try installing a Wilwood proportioning valve to give the rear brakes more holding power. I'm still using EBL from dynamicefi.com. It turns my factory 730 ecm into a boost ecm similar to the Sy/Ty ecms. Meaning the code is the same. So yup, still factory GM ecm. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Update: 01/22/16 "My crappy turbo build"-dscn3755.jpg   Update: 01/22/16 "My crappy turbo build"-dscn3757.jpg   Update: 01/22/16 "My crappy turbo build"-dscn3758.jpg   Update: 01/22/16 "My crappy turbo build"-dscn3761.jpg   Update: 01/22/16 "My crappy turbo build"-dscn3762.jpg  

Old 06-12-2015, 05:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't think he's depressed from the baby, just tired haha. Get one of those walker things or Johnny jumpers and let the baby bounce around the driveway or garage as you "try" to work. You'll find progress slows alot with babys, but now you have an excuse for the racing carseat in the back
Old 06-12-2015, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't be depressed, your a Daddy now and plus when you come down off your high from the baby, you'll get to play with your toy in the garage.

Well I never got the chance to hit the dyno, but I did manage to go to the track last week. I ran a 6.87 @ 103.87 mph with a 1.75 60ft. Never tried to turn it up because my fuel pressure was acting funny, so the next day I took apart the fuel regulator and found a huge piece of rubber from my braided fuel line inside causing all my issues. Anyway the rear brakes could not hold the car back long enough to build boost on the 2 step even though it was set at 2000 RPM. I'm still using a built 700r4 with a 3000 stall, no trans brake here. Currently working on a 4L80E swap later in the summer, but for now I'll try installing a Wilwood proportioning valve to give the rear brakes more holding power. I'm still using EBL from dynamicefi.com. It turns my factory 730 ecm into a boost ecm similar to the Sy/Ty ecms. Meaning the code is the same. So yup, still factory GM ecm. Here are some pics.
Proud of ya bro! Even though I havent met you. Thats like a 10.70 in the 1/4 mile. Thats effin impressive! What size turbo and how many lbs was that at? Setup looks like great too. I was lazy and went with exhaust wrap. Hopefully it will keep my engine bay cool enough. I still gotta spend around $1500 when I put the car in actual boost. But now im wiring so im actually seeing a little bit of light. I just need misc right now to finish up. The small stuff is whats killing me right now. $130 in just fittings and hose........smh
Old 06-12-2015, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
I don't think he's depressed from the baby, just tired haha. Get one of those walker things or Johnny jumpers and let the baby bounce around the driveway or garage as you "try" to work. You'll find progress slows alot with babys, but now you have an excuse for the racing carseat in the back
LMAO!

1. Wife wont let me take her outside cuz shes only 3 weeks old
2. I put the racing car seat on the registry and didnt get it (douche bags)
3. All i need is a mosquito net to hang over the jumper
4. Working a part time job also to afford some of these expensive parts
5. She wants to cry and play @ 2am for some reason
6.There is not enough hours in the day to get finished
Old 06-12-2015, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

I finally got a chance to get my drive shaft ordered. I took my measurements at least 6 times to make sure that I got the same number (Old saying: Measure 3 times and cut once instead of measuring once and cutting three times).

A well known local shop in STL got it done for me. With 1350 U joints. It was a very nice quality piece too. I was very impressed. Rated to 1500hp. I hope im at least half that hp

I've learned so much during this build. I know how to do everything but weld at this point. But thats next on my list.

2 things about this pic:
1. I think stock diameter is 2.5in and the new one is 3in. Made of steel but way lighter than the stock one.
2. I dropped my old shaft off at the shop @ 4pm on a Thursday and picked it up @ 4pm on a Friday. Extremely quick turnaround!

The fit was effin perfect! Gosh I love cars
Old 06-12-2015, 10:10 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

1500hp DS and a 10 bolt?

y u cray cray
Old 06-12-2015, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
1500hp DS and a 10 bolt?

y u cray cray
Lol. Not gonna launch it hard or use the trans brake until I get the S60. Just so I can brake it in and get all bugs worked out. No biggie, I haf to do it the poor mans way right now.....
Old 06-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Man-Crush Warning

I hope you realize a S60 needs a shorter DS right?
Old 06-12-2015, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hope you realize a S60 needs a shorter DS right?
Yay. Me and the DS company on the same page. They just gon cut it and add the larger U joints. Not gonna cost me anything but the cost of the U joints.....
Old 06-12-2015, 10:45 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Ah, good, wasn't sure if you/them knew. Paying for stuff twice sucks lol
Old 06-12-2015, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ah, good, wasn't sure if you/them knew. Paying for stuff twice sucks lol
Especially when your poor. Lol
Old 06-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SwampWS6
Proud of ya bro! Even though I havent met you. Thats like a 10.70 in the 1/4 mile. Thats effin impressive! What size turbo and how many lbs was that at? Setup looks like great too. I was lazy and went with exhaust wrap. Hopefully it will keep my engine bay cool enough. I still gotta spend around $1500 when I put the car in actual boost. But now im wiring so im actually seeing a little bit of light. I just need misc right now to finish up. The small stuff is whats killing me right now. $130 in just fittings and hose........smh
Thanks for the props, but what's more impressive are brand new little babies!!!

I have a Turbonetics T7875 BB, all runs where on the gate at 9lbs, but I have a TurboSmart Boost-T manual boost controller when I turn it up; And it works pretty good. Now that I have all the bugs worked out with the fuel regulator, it's time to turn up the boost. That Techline coating cost $128 shipped to my buddies shop, a lot cheaper than header wrap and I can coat whatever I want. My new low compression set up is 8.9:1 CR. So things are about to get crazy, but I'm ready! Here is another pic of the car in drag trim after I washed it today.

Anyway enough about me, lets get your done. I know the cost just keeps rising, but there is light at the end of the tunnel and it will be money well spent. Whatever you do, DON'T CUT ANY CORNERS DOING YOUR FUEL SYSTEM! I'm pretty sure you already know this.

I'll keep you in the loop when I hit the track again or if and when I go to the dyno.
Attached Thumbnails Update: 01/22/16 "My crappy turbo build"-dscn3786.jpg   Update: 01/22/16 "My crappy turbo build"-dscn3787.jpg  
Old 06-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Teching In

I got a chance to do some racing last night until 4am this morning against some dudes from Atlanta. So I turned the boost up to 16lbs for the first time and it was crazy. I won both of races against a quoted 650RWHP+ ZL1 putting 2 buses on him and then a Procharged 09 Vette that boasted 800RWHP+ I put 5 cars on him. When I popped my hood, the look on their faces was priceless The car was putting in work. I'm very pleased with this simple set-up. I will need to address the fuel issue before I go any higher on the boost.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got a chance to do some racing last night until 4am this morning against some dudes from Atlanta. So I turned the boost up to 16lbs for the first time and it was crazy. I won both of races against a quoted 650RWHP+ ZL1 putting 2 buses on him and then a Procharged 09 Vette that boasted 800RWHP+ I put 5 cars on him. When I popped my hood, the look on their faces was priceless The car was putting in work. I'm very pleased with this simple set-up. I will need to address the fuel issue before I go any higher on the boost.
wow thats really impressive! was it all dig racing? any of that 40 roll stuff?Obviously you dont need an LS to go fast. 2-0. Nice. I guess the C6 vette may tell the ytuth on what hes actually putting down. Beating anything LS plus beating the vette period is a big accomplishment! You rock bro!

Quick Reply: Update: 01/22/16 "My crappy turbo build"