LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Update: 01/22/16 "My crappy turbo build"

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I raced the Vette and and the ZL1 twice from a roll ranging from 25 to 40 mph. They were some cool dudes though.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Moving along slowly but surely. Got a few parts in the other day and of course I couldnt wait to install them. Nothing major, its just when you spend money on the car, its always exciting .

Here I have my new B&M Stealth Pro Ratchet Shifter. A very cool piece!

Here is my new BMR Tunnel mount Torque Arm. TA013 is the part #. I chose this model so I can always keep it even when I upgrade the rear end. Also chose tunnel mount so it would not put a lot of strain and stress on the tail housing of the trans.

Next I have my TCI transbrake button. I am currently debating on whether to mount it on my center console near my shifter or just have it hang in a convenient area since it has a firm "snap-back" spiral cord.

Monster Carbon Fiber Tach. Not really a concern on mounting it yet. Got it for a great deal brand new!

Got a free catch can. So me being a dumb *** and trying to make my own coil bracket, I made the bracket extremely close to the breather hole on the valve cover. So I had my fabricator weld a -12 bung on the VC and just trying to figure out where to actually mount the can. A battery relocation would really work in my favor now. But $$$$$

Old 07-21-2015, 08:52 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Ditch the HVAC and mount on firewall. I would run both VC to it and potentially an intake on if you can.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is some more crappy pics of stuff I installed. No biggie, just progression.

Made a blocker plate where my shifter went for my T56. That Lowes gift card came in handy.

Mounted my shifter and currently cutting a hole for the shifter cable to go through. The next big task is to make my console fit around the shifter. Not a necessity to drive it around.

Torque arm install. A lot of money for a 15 minute install......

Just another turbo pic. Need to order blanket soon too cuz its a very tight fit up front. I need to work on heat management next....... which equals more $$$$$$

Old 07-21-2015, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Ditch the HVAC and mount on firewall. I would run both VC to it and potentially an intake on if you can.
Man, I cant get it out. I shouldve thought about that when I had the motor out. I dont see how to remove it at this point....
Old 07-29-2015, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Good news

Got some great news! Car started on the 1st attempt.......Kinda. Lol.

So I got everything connected and in place. Added all my fluids and went over everything twice just to be sure. Disconnected the coils so I could spin the motor over so I could get the oil pressure back up since it sat for a while after I built the motor. Hooked coils back and attempted to start, kept spinning but no fire.

So I called the guy I bought the 0411 PCM from and he confirmed that the PCM was from a V6 car. So at that point I proceeded to remove the PCM to take it to my tuner. Got it flashed for the current setup and back to the car I went.

Installed it with my tuner by my side, turned the key and didnt hear the pump prime at all...... Tuner said there was no crank signal, cam signal or injector pulse. So I went out and purchased a crank sensor for a LM7 (hoping it would at least help the situation) because I was using my stock 97 crank sensor. Went to install the crank sensor, and it didnt fit. I was beyond pissed. I popped the old one back in and said F*** it!

So at this point I felt like a failure. Also questioned why I spent all of this stupid money on this 24x conversion . Tried tracking the problem down for about 20 mins and the tuner pressed the connectors on the PCM and he said "their loose" (By me never owning a LS powered car, I didnt know how deep the screws went. I was afraid of stripping them, and I was also in a rush too).

So we tightened them up and attempted again. Turned key and heard pump prime, then turned the key over to the ON position. THAT BITCH FIRED RIGHT UP!!!!!. I was amazed that a 2 1/2 year project came to life on the 1st crank. Idle was perfect! I still cant believe this. It sounds pretty decent for an open dump pipe.

I will upload the startup video later on today or tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And not a single video was found.

Crappy thread, no stars, I vote ban.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

The 1st startup. Phone camera quality

Old 09-07-2015, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

And another

Old 09-07-2015, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

A little more progression. Kinda just started to focus on suspension for a moment. Hopefully I can get my fuel system and rear sorted out this winter.

AFR Wideband

Founders Relocation brackets and Rod End LCAs

3 point UMI SFC

Viking rear drag shocks

Installed with LCAs

Viking front coilovers with 350# springs
Old 09-07-2015, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just a couple more things......

PTP Lava T6 Turbo blanket

Took her to the alignment shop so I can start the break in process

This is how she sits now. Im about 70% done with the build. This last 30% will be a rough road!
Old 10-07-2015, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just a small update.......
Got coilovers installed with a little bit of help......

Bud always love helping out

I plan on cleaning wheel well up to make it look nicer in the future

Car as it sits now. Not too bad. It was way to low in the front for me to drag race.......
Old 10-07-2015, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

Lookimg.good swamps. Time for a dyno tune and let her eat
Old 10-08-2015, 07:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BIGsmokey10
Lookimg.good swamps. Time for a dyno tune and let her eat
I hope I can make 550rwhp

Well kinda, Im waiting til after the winter because I have to work on fuel system. Doing a sump system with a Magna Fuel 750 (MP-4303). I also have to mod the fuel rail setup to run all -8 lines so it will be adequate enough flow for E85.

It drives decent right now, I have wastegate spring out so I cant make any boost during break in period for 500 miles. Turbo sounds very good though. The look on peoples faces from the sound of the turbo is priceless....
Old 10-09-2015, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice build, Ive kinda been Ninja'ing your build so to speak. I like how it turned out, I have a planned build of my own for the COMP T/A. I just moved and I'm trying to get my business up and running so it will be on hold for a little while at least. Car looks great man. and I'm loving the hood. Cant wait to see some more vids and at the track.

Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports
https://www.gofundme.com/vk5peys8
Old 10-12-2015, 10:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports
Have you looked at namepros.com? My buddy got me a nice logo for $50
Old 10-13-2015, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Nice build, Ive kinda been Ninja'ing your build so to speak. I like how it turned out, I have a planned build of my own for the COMP T/A. I just moved and I'm trying to get my business up and running so it will be on hold for a little while at least. Car looks great man. and I'm loving the hood. Cant wait to see some more vids and at the track.

Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports
I appreciate it. I cant wait to get it to the track. The ET numbers in my head are killing me. Wish I could see 9s (with enough weight loss) but hope to at least see 10 something. This is going on a three year process so I'd hate to do all of this to get a low ET
Old 10-16-2015, 06:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SwampWS6
I appreciate it. I cant wait to get it to the track. The ET numbers in my head are killing me. Wish I could see 9s (with enough weight loss) but hope to at least see 10 something. This is going on a three year process so I'd hate to do all of this to get a low ET

Even if you don't hit your mark right off the bat, in my eye all your hard work blood sweat and tears still payed off. And there are always ways to dial things in to get closer to your goal. I don't Drag race, and am a Road Course guy but still love and enjoy watching it and respect all types of racing especially the people who build their own cars. I really do hope you make your goal. At any rate its off to the grind for me. Hope everyone on the forum has a great day. Your car is beautiful man

Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports
www.facebook.com/mcbridemotorsports
Old 10-16-2015, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=SwampWS6;18994050]I hope I can make 550rwhp

You should make far North of that (youd better with your setup) especially if you plan to get into the 10's and especially the 9's, I make 710 RWHP with only 13 lbs of boost and I have all GM castings...
Old 10-16-2015, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moehorsepower

You should make far North of that (youd better with your setup) especially if you plan to get into the 10's and especially the 9's, I make 710 RWHP with only 13 lbs of boost and I have all GM castings...
I called you about 2 days ago........

Im basing everything kinda off the fact of one forum guy that made 48xrwhp and ran 9.9x. I am trying to drop weight so if I could hit 550+ whp, I hope I could see 9s once everything is dialed in..... Hope to see 10s on average or on low boost. I hope!

Im not a huge over-achiever, but I dont wanna set a goal and not be able to hit it and be disappointed. Ive seen other people with a smaller but similar setups make close to 900whp. That would be awesome!!!!!!

So whats all GM castings on your setup?

Quick Reply: Update: 01/22/16 "My crappy turbo build"