LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ecm g1 adapter chip help plz.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecm g1 adapter chip help plz.....

Last night I installed the g1 and chip into the ecm of my 93 formula The car started right up and I went for a test drive. First thing I noticed was no speedometer. Up until 3/4 throttle the car responds well however at wot it sputters/cuts out. Maybe a fuel problem? I pull back into the driveway and the car stalls and will not restart. I go back into the ecm and find the adapter to have come loose. I renistalled stock memcal and engine fired. Replaced with g1 and chip.Engine fired I drove to work this morning car ran great. Still no speedo and still has wot stumble but runs. Now will not start again. Im snapping it in tight and tabs are coming up.....am I doing something wrong. Is the zif socket a must have to hold it place?
Old 03-02-2015, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm never had that issue with mine. I know that when you push it in sometimes the tabs will come up and act like it's seated in there but it can easily pull out yet. Just have to double check when you push it in that it's all the way in. Never had mine pop out.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Take it out inspect and reinstall it. Make sure all the pins are straight and the chip is seated in the adapter correctly. Then install the adapter.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im starting to think its not the chip because I have lost all spark. Tried to jump with screwdriver and nothing.....so I would assume a new coil or ignition module ? Should I replace with stock parts or upgrade the coil?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CFLFORMULA93
im starting to think its not the chip because I have lost all spark. Tried to jump with screwdriver and nothing.....so I would assume a new coil or ignition module ? Should I replace with stock parts or upgrade the coil?
STOCK parts only, they are more than capable. And keep it GM, not parts store junk.

Quick Reply: ecm g1 adapter chip help plz.....