LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Having trouble making simple decisions. Words of wisdom

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having trouble making simple decisions. Words of wisdom

Hello guys,

First time on forum but not with an LT1. Im on my second LT car (94 Z). First was a 93 I had 3 years ago I had to sell to help pay for my mother & her long battle with ovarian cancer. My last one only drove for 4 months. This one I've been with since june of last year. Now its time to actually mod (bolt ons) and I'm stuck on what route to take. I originally planned on doing the work myself of just full exhaust, LT stainless headers, X-pipe true duals. My budget is around $1500 for the whole exhaust but I'm stuck on paying someone to do the work hence extra money vs doing the work myself & saving money, but if I did the work myself id want to get all the necessary resources, trouble free tips, making the install as far of a PITA.

I just moved to Dallas from Florida and don't know anyone out here or any reputable LS/LT performance shops around here besides maybe dallas performance but they mainly deal with 1500+hp Gallardos and vettes. I have a garage and all the necessary tools for the job. I was a GS for 5 years prior to my first LT car. Im not worried about the skills. Just the best and smartest route without spending more than what is needed to get the job done.

Maybe you guys can share your thoughts on your experience.

Also the car is an auto with 150k no the clock.
Old 03-25-2015, 07:33 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

If you have the time and the patience, most def install headers and at least get the exhaust rough done up then bring to welding shop to finish up.

Nothing of what you want can't be done with jackstands and simple tools.

I recommend replacing the motor mounts, spark plugs/wires, and checking out ltxtech.com

Quick Reply: Having trouble making simple decisions. Words of wisdom