LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Expert Samritan Local?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 02:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expert Samritan Local?

Hey folks relatively new for not saying much on here but have been reading here a few years. I look in now and then but I need to be more proactive so I can make some progress. I have a 97 Formula... I got plenty of skill for working on cars but this car has not been on the road so... It has been showing me a thing or two. Any expert help local to me would be awesome. I would love to actually get it road worthy.

Anyone that needs something to do holler at me! Especially if you live near Coatesville, PA. I need an expert to help me with this thing.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:44 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome to LS1tech! ...well, kinda...

As much as I like seeing posts in my Firebird section, I'll stick you here in LT1 country for a little more friendly LT1 views.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Can you post up the issues with the car?
Old 04-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine electrical

The problems with it that are troublesome at this time are with how it runs. I probably need to rebuild the engine. I was not jumping into that yet. The MIL light is on for the EGR. I have changed it. Light still on. The car is stock except the exhaust. I know I need to get the engine out to do the rear main seal. It is getting warmer so I know I will be getting started here soon.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

You don't have to pull the engine to do a rear main. Just pull the trans.

I replaced my rear main just a few weeks ago. Took me about 6 hours from start to finish. What took me so long is that I had to fight my header y-pipe. Dang thing did not want to come off after not being removed for around 3 years. With a stock exhaust(and even a catback system), you shouldn't have to worry about removing any of the exhaust to pull the trans.

Quick Reply: Expert Samritan Local?