LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need help wiring a msd in my lt1 -- question on coil harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Need help wiring a msd in my lt1 -- question on coil harness

Heres the deal i bought a 95 z28 with a built 383, supercharged it had a crane fireball in it when i bought it..Well anyways i just bought a msd 6al2 box to replace it.. I know how to hook everything up according the the diagram msd shows me.. but i'am a litte unsure when about the coil wires to the msd.. I will try to explain it as best as i can.. There's 4 wires on the msd, a red wire on the msd box which shows to tie into 2 pink factory wires, a white wire on msd box which they show to tie into 2 white factory wires, a black wire on the msd box which shows to tie into both whites off the factory harness plug going into the coil and a orange msd wire off the msd box show to tie into both pink wires off the factory harness plug.... Sounds easy. i'm not sure if my car had a white wire coming off each harness, i seen photos of pictures of a harness with just a single pink wire and the other had a pink and a white wire -- does anyone have just a single pink wire off one of their harness clips??? or does everyone have a pink wire and white wire off each harness, --- the harness is a grey clip and black clip that connects on the coil
Old 04-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-19-2015, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: Need help wiring a msd in my lt1 -- question on coil harness