LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

97 wont start!!! shoebox help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 97 wont start!!! shoebox help needed

long story short Car dies. it cranks but it makes no spark. replaced coil and icm (duralast) from advance auto. car fired up and ran good for two days then it dies again. took icm plug out and with key on I got 00.6v on dc scale on the pink and green wire lol. I unbolted coil from the head for inspection,then I put it back and my readings from icm green and pink wire were 11.X on dc scale and the bird fired right up and then it shut off after half of a minute. Iam at lost lol and guys be nice english is my second language lol
Old 05-07-2015, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

btw ignition fuse is good up up!!
Old 05-07-2015, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

If readings change after your hands have been on the wiring, check the wiring and connectors closely for problems.

If you want my help personally, email me. Otherwise, if you call out a person on the board, no one else will be apt to respond and that will limit your chances of getting advice that may help you. There are lots of people out there with good ideas.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have found the problem. I wigle the pink wire that goes to the ignition fuse and is loose. Car started right off. Just gotta take the fuse box out and see whats happening . Something so simple made spend 120 for the towing truck when it left me stranded ... Oh silly me

Quick Reply: 97 wont start!!! shoebox help needed