LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Overheating, SOLVED.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Ah yes, coal mine air here in the fall is amazing for some record ET attempts. I would be very curious to see how my efficiency is in super dry, ~50* OAT.

On the topic of water pumps, my truck has a gear driven one. Stupid LT1 traits won't leave me alone.
LOL. I wish we had that air here. No such luck for me. Of course, any day I have great (for here anyway) air, there's one reason or another I can't go to the track. Argh!

I wasn't aware there were other engines with a gear driven pump. Interesting.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hrcslam
Wow, seems you need a lesson on battery capacity. That's the difference between needing a tow truck or getting home without one, or over heating.

You seem to think I'm totally against EWPs. I'm not. It depends on its use and vehicle application.

The only bull **** being spewed is blanket statements like "EWP for the win". That's generalizing a specific.
What the **** are you even talking about? The 5.8 amps is going to **** your car out on the spot but a mechanical pump will convert into an alternator and let you drive till pay day so you can slap a rebuild in there on the weekend? Do you have real world experience with anything you are claiming?

Originally Posted by ahritchie
Lol....I was thinking same thing. The battery will still run everything (WP too) OK for 10-15 mins even with a dead alternator before the battery dies.
Na, we are totally trolling. I go through alternators daily due to the super high demand of 5.8 amps!!!!1!!1! My battery packs its bags and ****** walks away! Its physics!

The battery will die much faster with the EWP than a mechanical one. That's simple logic. Again, the difference between needing a tow truck or not. And still not worry about over heating. If you think that pump is still going to move the same amount of fluid without the alternator you are surely mistaken. It may move enough to cool an engine that is not running, but it's a different story when that engine is on.

There's no grasping at straws here. This is fact. If it's such a non-issue, why don't ANY major manufacturer use them from the factory? Care to guess?
No **** the ewp uses ******* electricity. All the other bull **** is simple minded theory and obvious fact. Needing a tow truck or not? What the **** does that even mean? I didn't realize you drove around your block to get to ANYWHERE YOU HAVE TO GO. What if you had to go to the grocery store for straws to grasp?!??! Surely you can't make it there and back with an ewp!?!? You could totally make it there on a 9 volt with the tunes cranked up and your stock water pump! I'd go on but my ewp just caused the power to go out!!! My battery doesn't have enough juice to run my keyboardddd!!!!
Old 06-26-2015, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Default LT1 Overheating, SOLVED.

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
What the **** are you even talking about? The 5.8 amps is going to **** your car out on the spot but a mechanical pump will convert into an alternator and let you drive till pay day so you can slap a rebuild in there on the weekend? Do you have real world experience with anything you are claiming?Na, we are totally trolling. I go through alternators daily due to the super high demand of 5.8 amps!!!!1!!1! My battery packs its bags and ****** walks away! Its physics!No **** the ewp uses ******* electricity. All the other bull **** is simple minded theory and obvious fact. Needing a tow truck or not? What the **** does that even mean? I didn't realize you drove around your block to get to ANYWHERE YOU HAVE TO GO. What if you had to go to the grocery store for straws to grasp?!??! Surely you can't make it there and back with an ewp!?!? You could totally make it there on a 9 volt with the tunes cranked up and your stock water pump! I'd go on but my ewp just caused the power to go out!!! My battery doesn't have enough juice to run my keyboardddd!!!!
This is just comical. Troll on........

Its obvious you're completely lacking the level of understanding needed to comprehend my position regarding EWPs.

Just because some cars do fine with EWPs doesn't mean they all will.

This thread had nothing to do with EWP. Yet here you are spewing your rhetoric like a used car salesman. You have absolutely no idea how I drive my car, nor what I plan to do with it.

"EWP = win"? Ummm no, not always. That's a fact jack.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

lulz at man-crush's side kick being all angry.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:24 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

The cycle of LT1 owners: Start as a young n00b padawan, gain some knowledgez, do a H/C, and then you cross over into built motor land, you learn everything sucks and you become cynical after countless idiot kids make everything seem trivial and easy online, then you stop posting logical and switch to straight up trollolol for the cynical self amusement.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:31 PM
Village Troll

The cycle of LT1 owners: Start as a young n00b padawan, gain some knowledgez, do a H/C, and then you cross over into built motor land, you learn everything sucks and you become cynical after countless idiot kids make everything seem trivial and easy online, then you stop posting logical and switch to straight up trollolol for the cynical self amusement.
I think hrcslam is right. I believe there is some butt hurt going on up in hurra.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its obvious you're completely lacking the level of understanding needed to comprehend my position regarding EWPs.

This thread had nothing to do with EWP. Yet here you are spewing your rhetoric like a used car salesman. You have absolutely no idea how I drive my car, nor what I plan to do with it.

HRC, I'm pretty sure BMX is just cranky because he's parting his car out... lol.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah yes, coal mine air here in the fall is amazing for some record ET attempts. I would be very curious to see how my efficiency is in super dry, ~50* OAT.

On the topic of water pumps, my truck has a gear driven one. Stupid LT1 traits won't leave me alone.
Nothing is better than dry, cold fall and winter weather in NC. 25 to 50 degrees, crisp, and no altitude to contend with.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by VoyagerCamaro
HRC, I'm pretty sure BMX is just cranky because he's parting his car out... lol.
Lol. Makes sense to part out some pile after the "oh i still enjoy it..." testimony. 0_o
Boy be cranky by default.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HellTeeOne
Nothing is better than dry, cold fall and winter weather in NC. 25 to 50 degrees, crisp, and no altitude to contend with.
Hell yeah. Todd Tutterow ran a 3.73 in his blown promod stang a few falls ago at farmington.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is your response?

You made some radical claims about ewps and then went off on these unfounded "facts" yet have nothing to support your "facts" and then you spew some more bs that again backfires and you claim I'm trolling? Yeah, that makes total sense.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

"Wow that escalated quickly..."
Old 06-29-2015, 11:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

"I mean things really got out of hand. Sweetbmx killed a guy"

"I woke up this morning and **** an EWP. Thing about it is, the damn things still alive. now Ive got this **** covered EWP, down in the office, dont know what to name it"

"Sorry champ I ate your chocolate EWP"
Old 06-29-2015, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Default LT1 Overheating, SOLVED.

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
This is your response?

You made some radical claims about ewps and then went off on these unfounded "facts" yet have nothing to support your "facts" and then you spew some more bs that again backfires and you claim I'm trolling? Yeah, that makes total sense.
What unfounded facts? If your so ignorant to the laws of physics to completely ignore reported user experience, manufacturer limitations (Yes Mesiere, give em a call I did), and independent studies by multiple reputable sources, I can't help you get your head out of your ***.

Nothing I said was unfounded. You on the other hand have absolutely said some pretty ridiculous things, like that blanket statement "ewp = win". Um no, that's easily proven wrong. Just look at what BMW had been dealing with on theirs, you know the recall and all. .......

Its simple really, you came into this thread about a part that has lasted longer than any reported life of any EWP, spewing some generic generalized lie, got called out on it (apparently while menstrual cycling) and seem to have gotten your tampon stuck in your mouth.

Last edited by hrcslam; 06-29-2015 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:15 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Now if only we could get SSRRRRR and Craprice in here dissing LE and nut hugging AI, THEN it would be a epitome of LS1tech threads.

Until then, air cooled is the bestest.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
"I mean things really got out of hand. Sweetbmx killed a guy"

"I woke up this morning and **** an EWP. Thing about it is, the damn things still alive. now Ive got this **** covered EWP, down in the office, dont know what to name it"

"Sorry champ I ate your chocolate EWP"
You sir took it to the next level....love it.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah, no one yet mentioned the gas mileage benefits of an EWP...2-3 MPG gains on the highway are common, essentially paying for the EWP with today's high gas prices in no time!

Old 06-29-2015, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Now if only we could get SSRRRRR and Craprice in here dissing LE and nut hugging AI, THEN it would be a epitome of LS1tech threads.

Until then, air cooled is the bestest.
Aircooled chillers have twice the KW/ton as watercooled chillers, and get derated when outside air temps are high. We could do indirect evaporative cooling and spray water on the radiator.

I dont know why nobody has thought to run the refrigerant from the compressor through the block, other than DX is not efficient either. ****, we need heat wheels instead of tires.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:30 PM
Man-Crush Warning

OR!

Run everything at 40k feet, ***** ******* cold up there
Old 06-29-2015, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

OR we could run open cooling systems, and put water storage in the trunks, and use evaporative cooling. However approach is typically wetbulb +10 degrees, so if its hot and humid out you wont run as cool as if you are hot and dry. OP is in arizona so the wetbulb is low enough.

Quick Reply: LT1 Overheating, SOLVED.