LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Gen X 21 LT1 Heads

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen X 21 LT1 Heads

What does everybody think of these heads? Thinking about going with them, i know you can get a kit but i am just looking at the heads. Do you think the CC 503 cam will be to small with these heads?
Old 07-06-2015, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

They're ok, most would say just port the stockers, which is a good option.. But if time is an issue and your not looking for all out performance you'd be ok with that setup (TF heads and CC 503).. You could always port the TF heads in the future for an "all out build".. Imo "kit's" are designed more for longevity with a nice bump in power.. But you'd always gain the most from a well thought out setup over a "kit"
Old 07-07-2015, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of 21 Deg Trickflows from Advanced Induction. I couldn't be happier with them. The machine work is top notch, to say the least. They will help you with cam selection as well. My car went 11.30 the first time out with my fresh 396 with very little tuning. I'd highly recommend them.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you get AI cnc machined trick flow's, I'm pretty sure you need to buy the heads from AI. Something about their machines won't work with the heads if you don't buy them from AI. They probably buy them bare, no porting. Somebody that has experience with AI correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badfbodyz
If you get AI cnc machined trick flow's, I'm pretty sure you need to buy the heads from AI. Something about their machines won't work with the heads if you don't buy them from AI. They probably buy them bare, no porting. Somebody that has experience with AI correct me if I'm wrong.
I believe you're correct. They are honestly a bargain at the price they charge. The machining is incredible, as is the customer service.

Quick Reply: Gen X 21 LT1 Heads