LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

help please !

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please !

Hey guys, I'm new here obviously, I did search for this but I didn't see anything that sounded right.....

I recently built an animal and just ran into a problem. I can't find anything online for this ; I have to find a safe way to delete this from car, I caped it and some extreme pressure builds in the tank, it boosts my fuel pressure 15lbs!

I can't be the only person who has came across this. .... help please .
Old 07-23-2015, 10:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Mods, where are you reading 15lbs, and what did you cap?
Old 07-23-2015, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

If You capped the Vent tube/line Dont!!! At a Minimum a Rock filter & short pc of hose on it... Boosting Fuel pressure is done with an Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator!!! But if your tryin to boost pressure to save from buyin Injectors Dont!!! Buy Injectors they arent too salty used off this site or others!!! Hope this is what yer talkin about lol A little better description woulda helped lol
Old 07-24-2015, 07:28 AM
Teching In

Sorry man, yes I had capped it. I do have an ajustable fpr, I also have Bosch 80lb injectors , the tank pressure increased because the line is capped I'm sure. I just didn't know a safe way to fix it when I realized what the problem was. ( capped the vent tube that comes up from the tank with the fuel lines and use to go to a silinoied on the passenger side of the intake ) I posted a photo of the old silinoied . Thank you for any help, as this is something I know nothing about ....
Old 07-24-2015, 09:58 AM
Teching In

I found a thread that people just said put a small filter on the evap line, is this really safe?

Quick Reply: help please !