LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What to do with 1993 Formula track car.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by SCott5
I see many cars in MA with exhaust out the front bumper rolling around with plates and driven on the street. Your not the only car in the whole state like it is. Post up in the regional section and ask people where they go.
this^^^
Old 07-27-2015, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've posted up before on past cars - the reality at the time was that shops only inspect those they know, not those they don't. Maybe times have changed and I will try again and post up.

PS - I know I am full of excuses but it really has been quite the pile of BS I have been through already.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeperZ96BT

Exhaust:

Pacesetter LT's, no cats, Hooker catback. I will see If I can dig up a stock exhaust, that should be short money, at least. But any aftermarket muffler suggestions would be good as well.

Brian
How about a Hooker "aerochamber" muffler, to add on to the Hooker cat-back?

(I should have asked this first...when you say "Hooker cat-back", does the exhaust extend over the rear axle, to somewhere in the stock location?)
Old 07-27-2015, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What to do with 1993 Formula track car.....

Originally Posted by leadfoot4

(I should have asked this first...when you say "Hooker cat-back", does the exhaust extend over the rear axle, to somewhere in the stock location?)
To add to this, if it does, is the passenger side blocked off?
Old 07-27-2015, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

I'm almost certain it is a 3 inch catback with the crossflow muffler. Like a stock exhaust just louder, lol.

No cutout or block off plates like a Borla. Does hooker make those now?
Old 07-27-2015, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What to do with 1993 Formula track car.....

Originally Posted by sleeperZ96BT
I'm almost certain it is a 3 inch catback with the crossflow muffler. Like a stock exhaust just louder, lol.

No cutout or block off plates like a Borla. Does hooker make those now?
Ahh, I think I got those mixed up. Lol
Old 07-28-2015, 05:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
Register in another state, preferably FL.
Was going to say this, find a friend or relative and register it out of state, and when/if you get pulled over say the car is garaged there 10 months out of the year and its only up here for a track meet or something. Worked for me, I had mine registered in WV for 8 years and got pulled over a few times.

Put a cutback and a cutout on it and tints and don't be a dick on the street unless you are all clear.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Too loud is a lazy excuse. Put a bigger muffler on it. Safety is easy to pass. Just ask around for lax shops to pass you. Typically the mom+pop hole in the wall shops are the best places. You know, the kind of dirty run down place you would NEVER bring your car to have work done. Hell throw him $20 extra...
Old 07-30-2015, 01:55 AM
TECH Resident

Get a Bullet style muffler that Looks like a Cat & put it where the single cat goes on earlier Fbodys Thatll help quiet it down if the Hooker Cat back has a muffler in the stock location!!! Hell it cant be louder than a Loud Mouth with No Muffler LoL Then You say its got harness belts... Thats a Fail in Most States for some Stupid Reason So install factory belts for inspection!!! IF its still too Loud then a Bullet muffler at each header lol Your Makin a Mountain out of a Mole Hill if You aint gotta worry about Emissions Tests lol I would tint the windows too... As said get on the regional section & prolly hit the local drag strip & cruisin spot to see whats up!!!
Old 07-30-2015, 07:03 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, a bullet muffler may be the way to go. Any recommendations? Don't want to hurt performance if it can be avoided.

And I already admitted this was part laziness

Quick Reply: What to do with 1993 Formula track car.....