LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Oil & Trans cooler in front grille.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 02:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil & Trans cooler in front grille.

Has anyone cutout their front grille and fog lights and used that to their advantage with an oil cooler and Trans cooler? I personally find it a waste of space for that spot not to serve any purpose. Most cars have direct air to radiator. With my recent rebuilt Trans I think that spot would be an upgrade over the cooler in from of the condenser.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 93Euphoria
Has anyone cutout their front grille and fog lights and used that to their advantage with an oil cooler and Trans cooler? I personally find it a waste of space for that spot not to serve any purpose. Most cars have direct air to radiator. With my recent rebuilt Trans I think that spot would be an upgrade over the cooler in from of the condenser.
Anyone?
Old 09-06-2015, 10:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

There is metal structure directly behind the fog lights. Most people like to leave it there.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:56 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I deleted the washer bottle. Freed up a ton of space for coolers.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shbox
There is metal structure directly behind the fog lights. Most people like to leave it there.
I realize that. I was wondering if I can cut enough space out of there without sacrificing too much structural support (honestly I'm not concerned about structural support, if I hit something I'll do damage anyways) but looking to put an oil cooler with fan and Trans cooler with fan both next to each other. I was gonna put the Trans one in front of the condenser but the one I want to run there's not enough space for a fan. Plus Im doing standing mile and Road course events, and a daily driver on top of that. So if I could utilize that space I hope I could.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

I do.

Big *** B&M plate cooler behind 4inch core IC and then pushers and stock radiator. Cools fine, but the trans ran a little hot this past weekend, sucky part about relying on ambient air to cool it.

Quick Reply: Oil & Trans cooler in front grille.