LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Affordable comfortable seats?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Affordable comfortable seats?

I have some camaro seats in the t/a, electric, and they frickin suck. Killing my back! Can anyone recommend any seats they have had or still have experience with that is really comfortable for them?
Old 10-28-2015, 03:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_adaya
I have some camaro seats in the t/a, electric, and they frickin suck. Killing my back! Can anyone recommend any seats they have had or still have experience with that is really comfortable for them?
Bomz racing if you can find them. I stained mine to match my mystic teal paint... Also when the fabric was off being stained I installed heated seat pads and wired up a button to the door panel. Super nice for cold mornings. I did however have to fab up some mounts for the seats to fit in the factory hole.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mr_adaya
IMO the stock TA/Formula leather seats are hard to beat on a long drive, the inflatable lumbar support and side bolsters works really good for lower back pain on long drives. This is one of the small areas of improvement where the increased price of a TA/Firebird vs a Camaro shows; the cloth Camaro seats are particularly bad IMO. Camaro owners got shafted with no power lumbar support

A TA needs real TA seats!
Old 10-28-2015, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

People seem pretty happy with the 6LE seats. He's a sponsor on here.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had 6LE seats in my TA and they were pretty comfortable and were great quality...but if you are looking for comfort the adjustments were basically non existent. Big **** on the side to tilt the whole top, and a short slide to move the whole seat forward/back. That's it.

No lumbar, fairly narrow bolsters (I'm skinny so didn't mind much), no up/down control, etc.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:56 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^We've changed the design to a lever for better adjustment now... I hated that damn **** as well lol.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Get creative and put some 04-06 GTO seats in. /Thread
Old 10-29-2015, 06:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
^^We've changed the design to a lever for better adjustment now... I hated that damn **** as well lol.
Nice - I loved them besides that damn ****, lol.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:58 PM
TECH Junkie

I've had a pair of Corbeau CR1s in the car for quite a few years now, I love them.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty2919
Get creative and put some 04-06 GTO seats in. /Thread
They are comfortable, but too wide for an F body IMO. Would be better off with seats out of a C4 corvette. My 92 has the most comfortable seat of any car that I have owned.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gto

Get some gto seats. I just put some in my ws6 today. You can check out the install on my page. 400 bucks and I think they're some of the most comfortable seats.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JC316
They are comfortable, but too wide for an F body IMO. Would be better off with seats out of a C4 corvette. My 92 has the most comfortable seat of any car that I have owned.
I disagree, C4s were widely panned for their poor seats....my old man had a 92 and that thing had no lumbar support at all, a 2-3 hr drive resulted in lower back pain and twisting and turning trying to get comfortable They are not made for drivers over 6'...upgraded leather TA seats are way more comfortable which always stuck me as odd given the Corvette's much higher price They just now fixed the infamous crappy Corvette seats in 2015; just took 33 years.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by ahritchie
I disagree, C4s were widely panned for their poor seats....my old man had a 92 and that thing had no lumbar support at all, a 2-3 hr drive resulted in lower back pain and twisting and turning trying to get comfortable They are not made for drivers over 6'...upgraded leather TA seats are way more comfortable which always stuck me as odd given the Corvette's much higher price They just now fixed the infamous crappy Corvette seats in 2015; just took 33 years.
I am 5'10". so that may be why I find them comfortable. They are way better than any of my F body seats were.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Yikes! Those T/A seats really struck me as uncomfortable. The way the sides were hurt my lower back, but I'm 17 6'5 and 130lbs so maybe that had something to do with it back when I had the regular fbody seats (fabric 30th anniversary bucket seats) they felt really comfy if positioned right, especially on long trips. But now my Bomz are suuper comfortable
Old 11-03-2015, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by VoyagerCamaro
Yikes! Those T/A seats really struck me as uncomfortable. The way the sides were hurt my lower back, but I'm 17 6'5 and 130lbs so maybe that had something to do with it back when I had the regular fbody seats (fabric 30th anniversary bucket seats) they felt really comfy if positioned right, especially on long trips. But now my Bomz are suuper comfortable
That's why they're infinitely adjustable/inflatable to your every whim or desire... Yeah, you are too tall for a f-body
Old 11-03-2015, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JC316
I am 5'10". so that may be why I find them comfortable. They are way better than any of my F body seats were.
Short distance yeah, softer padding and better quality leather....long trip, hands down leather TA seats.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

That's why they're infinitely adjustable/inflatable to your every whim or desire... Yeah, you are too tall for a f-body
Very true! Leather is just too hot/sticky/slimy in summer, and too cold/hard/brittle in the winter they look bad ***, but cloth is my favorite! And UGH tell me about it. My head hits the t tops every time I get in, not to mention even with my seat basically just bolted in to the floor pan (custom brackets) my head is just a inch or so away from the top! the only car I own that I can comfortably get in is my big bastard 69 firebird... To bad it's a rusty beat up roller with virtually no interior...

Quick Reply: Affordable comfortable seats?