LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Thinking about Purchasing Headers...Need advice!!! UPDATE: READY TO INSTALL

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 01:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickster 7
Guess I didn't act soon enough, because every set of headers I've been watching just raised in price. F**king bulls**t!!!!!
They'll come down again somewhere....
Old 01-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Staging Lane

Buy Speed Engineering Headers and Ypipe...
Old 01-09-2016, 08:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Quotes have been about the same, but both places I've talked to said it wasn't worth putting headers on an Lt1. Yeah I know it isn't going to get the gains that an LS will, but either way, the shops sort of have me rethinking a header investment.

What do you guys think?
This is the **** that pisses me off with LS nut swinging people they bash everything that's non LS.. Don't give those idiots your business..
Old 01-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LT1BADZ, I'm more interested in the LPP/XS Power set right now.

And NewOrleansLT1, I'm really thinking that they just want to avoid doing it.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:27 PM
Launching!

I pulled the trigger on a set of LPP headers tonight for $425! Carl was great to work with, and even agreed to give me a $25 discount! Not that it makes much of a difference, but I can buy bolts with it or something. Anyway, can't wait to get my longtubes!!!!
Old 01-12-2016, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

I pulled the trigger on a set of LPP headers tonight for $425! Carl was great to work with, and even agreed to give me a $25 discount! Not that it makes much of a difference, but I can buy bolts with it or something. Anyway, can't wait to get my longtubes!!!!
Sweet, post some pics when you get em and pics after installed.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CamaroWhoopAss
Sweet, post some pics when you get em and pics after installed.
Will do! They most likely won't be installed for a little while. Hopefully before spring, but we will see when time permits.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:28 PM
TECH Regular

Will do! They most likely won't be installed for a little while. Hopefully before spring, but we will see when time permits.
We may be doing ours at the same time then lol. Idk yet though, depends on my money situation. I may be fixing the other two before I start to mod my red one...
Old 01-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CamaroWhoopAss
We may be doing ours at the same time then lol. Idk yet though, depends on my money situation. I may be fixing the other two before I start to mod my red one...
I think I'm going to be taking the car to an exhaust shop for the header install and then deleting emissions with the help of a relative. Another buddy knows a guy who has a bunch of software to tune pre OBD2 LT1s, so he can probably hook me up with a quick free tune.

I am expecting my headers to get here this week sometime. Carl from LPP was quick to respond before my purchase, but after I purchased the headers, I've emailed him and haven't heard a thing back from him. I have confidence that they will arrive, but I wish I had a tracking number to see when they are going to show up!
Old 01-19-2016, 03:54 AM
TECH Regular

Like waiting for Chistmas...
Old 01-20-2016, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Yeah it is, but I really wish he would give me a tracking number or something. How am I supposed to know if they get lost in transport, or if someone steals them off of my front porch while I'm not home?
Old 01-20-2016, 10:42 PM
Launching!

When you get them let everyone know, I ordered some on Monday. They said it can take up to 72hours for it to ship.

Not sure why he can't provide a tracking number, that's bogus. Does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ken95Z28
When you get them let everyone know, I ordered some on Monday. They said it can take up to 72hours for it to ship.

Not sure why he can't provide a tracking number, that's bogus. Does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
I talked to some others, and they said that it took around 10 days or more to get them. I'll be posting pictures when mine arrive, so you'll know I got them. I'm just frustrated that I can't get an email back!
Old 01-20-2016, 11:29 PM
Launching!

Cool deal, same here.
Racing season is soon approaching.
Finally putting my old set to bed, had some Hookers Super Comp for the past 10 years. They have been welded on so many times I'm afraid to use them another season.

I will save them for a backup setup, never know what could happen.

My motor is getting pulled this weekend for some TLC before the racing season starts in March.

FYI, I sent them an email tonight asking for a update as well.

Thanks
Ken
Old 01-21-2016, 04:20 AM
TECH Regular

Maybe no tracking # because economy shipping or something?
Old 01-21-2016, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Just a silly thought... are you keeping the egr and air or doing away with them? If your keeping than make sure you get headers that have the ports for the egr... amazon has coated pacesetter and ORY for like $500 total
Old 01-21-2016, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Yeah, maybe try messaging LPP through the forum Ken. Economy shipping or not, there should be a way to track the package. He uses FedEx. Got all excited when I saw the truck drive down my street today, and it didn't stop at my house....

Hell_T1-X I'm going to delete emissions. Either that, or have a good exhaust shop weld the fittings on. Might have them do the EGR fitting because I don't feel like buying block-off plates.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:49 PM
Launching!

A long time ago when I first got my headers and still had the stock manifold I made my own block off plates. Just make your own out of some thin sheet metal and use some RTV and call it good.

Not sure why would anyone ship something with out a tracking number on products.

I'm still hoping that I can get mine by next weekend hopefully you will get yours this week.

Ken
Old 01-22-2016, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ken95Z28
A long time ago when I first got my headers and still had the stock manifold I made my own block off plates. Just make your own out of some thin sheet metal and use some RTV and call it good.

Not sure why would anyone ship something with out a tracking number on products.

I'm still hoping that I can get mine by next weekend hopefully you will get yours this week.

Ken
Yeah, that wouldn't be too hard to do I guess! As of now, my headers aren't here. They won't show up tomorrow because my area is in the middle of the winter storm, so maybe Monday. If it goes past Tuesday, that's two weeks from my order, and I'll be a bit worried if they don't show by then.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:47 PM
Launching!

I have already opened up a dispute with PayPal and sent him a third message. This crap of not responding is for the birds.

As far as I can tell from your experience and the other dude "RoadKill" that has been waiting longer then me and you I don't see this ending in a timely manner.

My suggestions that for anyone reading this thread is to stay clear of LPP. Customer service sucks. If it goes further south they should ban his butt from this board all together.

Quick Reply: Thinking about Purchasing Headers...Need advice!!! UPDATE: READY TO INSTALL