LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Thinking about Purchasing Headers...Need advice!!! UPDATE: READY TO INSTALL

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ken95Z28
I have already opened up a dispute with PayPal and sent him a third message. This crap of not responding is for the birds.

As far as I can tell from your experience and the other dude "RoadKill" that has been waiting longer then me and you I don't see this ending in a timely manner.

My suggestions that for anyone reading this thread is to stay clear of LPP. Customer service sucks. If it goes further south they should ban his butt from this board all together.
Yeah, I better get these soon, or I'll file a dispute too. Some things are maybe too good to be true.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Well, finally got everything. Then, another member brought it to my attention that the Y pipe that was sent doesn't even fit...

Sent:

Should've been sent:

Last edited by Nickster 7; 02-26-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it took a month to get your ****???
Old 02-23-2016, 06:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CamaroWhoopAss
So it took a month to get your ****???
Yeah, and I still have an incorrect part!

I ordered January 12th. When the headers finally came, there was no y pipe or clamps. I mentioned I didn't receive the y pipe or clamps, and then they finally sent the y pipe, without clamps...Then, I emailed LPP and complained about the terrible service, and he bought clamps on Summit and sent them.

Last edited by Nickster 7; 02-23-2016 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:15 PM
TECH Regular

Wow, that sucks. So how are you getting the proper Y pipe then?
Old 02-23-2016, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Wow, that sucks. So how are you getting the proper Y pipe then?
Who knows at this rate. I contacted LPP, and I was told to send a picture. Hopefully I hear back soon.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:47 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like a bit of a cluster.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BTC
Sounds like a bit of a cluster.
Yep, and I'm guessing everyone else who bought them around the same time as me has the same issue. The worst part is trying to contact these "fine business people."
Old 02-24-2016, 03:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nickster 7
Yep, and I'm guessing everyone else who bought them around the same time as me has the same issue. The worst part is trying to contact these "fine business people."
And they are a vender on here?
Old 02-24-2016, 08:03 AM
Launching!

And they are a vender on here?
Yeah, somehow. This situation is just unbelievable because I read more good things than bad about LPP before I bought my stuff. I heard shipping was fast, and there were no issues with parts missing.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Nickster 7
Yeah, somehow. This situation is just unbelievable because I read more good things than bad about LPP before I bought my stuff. I heard shipping was fast, and there were no issues with parts missing.
I understand that mistakes happen, but there is no excuse in it taking over a month to get your order, wrong order or not. Nor should one be a vender if you can't answer the damn phone or emails. I would definately be reporting this to administration....
Old 03-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Launching!

I understand that mistakes happen, but there is no excuse in it taking over a month to get your order, wrong order or not. Nor should one be a vender if you can't answer the damn phone or emails. I would definately be reporting this to administration....
Exactly. I filed a PayPal dispute until I got the correct Y pipe. LPP sent a Speed Engineering Y and I don't care, as long as the thing fits. Done dealing with LPP.

Funny thing is that I didn't mark the PayPal dispute as resolved when I finally got the Y pipe yesterday evening, and that night I got a message asking me to resolve the dispute so LPP could get the funds back. Seems like the only time LPP is quick to respond is when they're being inconvenienced by you, or you want to buy something. That's a load of bull$hit
Old 03-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to jump in way late in the thread, but for those looking to get pacesetters? DONT. bought mine on Jegs, years ago when they had them. Mids with Y. Came in quickly, ordered everything for rebuild at the same time and they came in first. put them on and started up, paint burns off quick, to be expected. once the paint was gone, i was poking around under the hood with it running, and about burnt my face from exhaust gas. I had a pinhole right on top of the NO3 exhaust tube. right at the flange. Needless to say, i was PISSED! it was a blatantly missed weld. covered up by the paint.

so wrapping up, you really get what you pay for. It was my DD at the time so i couldnt wait to ship, and i just fixed it myself.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94zpearce
Sorry to jump in way late in the thread, but for those looking to get pacesetters? DONT. bought mine on Jegs, years ago when they had them. Mids with Y. Came in quickly, ordered everything for rebuild at the same time and they came in first. put them on and started up, paint burns off quick, to be expected. once the paint was gone, i was poking around under the hood with it running, and about burnt my face from exhaust gas. I had a pinhole right on top of the NO3 exhaust tube. right at the flange. Needless to say, i was PISSED! it was a blatantly missed weld. covered up by the paint.

so wrapping up, you really get what you pay for. It was my DD at the time so i couldnt wait to ship, and i just fixed it myself.
Wow that sucks, but an easy fix. **** does happen though. Are you going to stop buying GM because they had a recall? See what I mean? Any company who manufactures anything will at some point have a product issue. I build car seats for honda and we make thousands of seats every day, and that's only for 3 car models. The frames are welded together by robots and even they mess **** up. And people are supposed to check all the welds and mark them, but they still miss ****. They even have incentive programs for people like myself that aren't even in the weld area, that if we find a bad weld, we get $100. Someone finds a bad weld almost every week, and that's after it leaves the weld area where it should have been caught, and the damn robot should have never messed it up in the first place. Even with the incentive we don't find them all, and everyone is looking for them. I'm sure every company that makes headers has sent out more than a few bad welds...
Old 04-24-2016, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Ok guys, it's almost header install time. I'm ordering a few more parts like bolts, and egr delete plates. Here's my question:

If I have headers with no AIR/EGR, is there a way to avoid ripping the EGR system out? Can I have it tuned out and just put a block-off plate over the hose that runs to the manifold and call it a day? If not, I'll remove it, but I'm just trying to make this as quick and easy as possible. I imagine I'll be frustrated enough after putting the headers on that I won't want to deal with more crap.

My other idea is to find a bung (like they put on Pacesetter and Kooks emissions friendly headers) and have it welded to my LPP header so that I can hook the egr up. Where could I find one?

If you think I'm dumb and should just remove it all, please tell me. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Thinking about Purchasing Headers...Need advice!!! UPDATE: READY TO INSTALL