LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What's up with LPP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's up with LPP?

Hello everyone. I'm new and hope I posted in the right section. I ordered a set of LPP LT1 headers for my T/A on Jan. 8 and still have not received a receipt or shipping notification yet. Anyone know how this guy operates and how long it takes to receive anything from him? Is this place legit? Thank you.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carl is slow to respond and when I bought mine in December I didn't get any kind of notification they just showed up, lol. I wouldn't be too concerned just yet. If it goes another week then maybe I would say something. Doesn't hurt to keep emailing him though.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

I had to ask him if they shipped and for the tracking number. They came within a week for me. From the east coast to the west coast. Might wanna email him and see what's up with your order.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Same deal with me. It's been 9 days and I still don't have them, or a tracking number. Hell, for all I know, they could've arrived last week and someone may have stolen them from the front porch.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Ditto for me, hopefully this is not a sign of something bad.
I have already emailed him once (yesterday) no response yet.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Call them instead of making a post about it...
Old 01-22-2016, 08:11 AM
Launching!

Heck he don't have a number listed on his site?

If he can't respond to numerous emails and IM's then what?

He is quick to respond for prices in such but not for when you purchased them and asking questions about your tracking number.

Does anyone have his number??

I will call him and ask him what the deal is.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickster 7
Same deal with me. It's been 9 days and I still don't have them, or a tracking number. Hell, for all I know, they could've arrived last week and someone may have stolen them from the front porch.
Valid point.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Teching In

It took mine 10 days to arrive and he hardly responded to any of my inquiries (one asking for a refund). He only answered me with a tracking number after I messaged him here. The headers are quality but i can't support a product with that kind of service. I sold them after a few days of fuming. I feel much better now.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:02 PM
LPP
Staging Lane

All orders have been processed and shipped. I just sent tracking to everyone that placed orders. I'm sorry guys but I only do this as a side thing to provide a higher quality product for a more realistic price. I do have a real job that I work at 50 hours a week and also foster kittens and squirrels too. So I'm a really busy person. Because of that I don't always keep up with sending people their tracking info. Sorry about that. And I don't keep up with the forums like I should. When I get a chance I try and catch up on the forums like tonight at midnight But I do appreciate that most people are patient about receiving what they ordered. And because I only do this as a side thing I really don't make any money after all my cost so I can't afford advertising so I really rely on word of mouth advertising. So me missing out on what has been going on in this thread isn't good Sorry I've gotten too far behind on keeping up with the forums.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LPP
All orders have been processed and shipped. I just sent tracking to everyone that placed orders. I'm sorry guys but I only do this as a side thing to provide a higher quality product for a more realistic price. I do have a real job that I work at 50 hours a week and also foster kittens and squirrels too. So I'm a really busy person. Because of that I don't always keep up with sending people their tracking info. Sorry about that. And I don't keep up with the forums like I should. When I get a chance I try and catch up on the forums like tonight at midnight But I do appreciate that most people are patient about receiving what they ordered. And because I only do this as a side thing I really don't make any money after all my cost so I can't afford advertising so I really rely on word of mouth advertising. So me missing out on what has been going on in this thread isn't good Sorry I've gotten too far behind on keeping up with the forums.
Thanks for an explanation. It just worries some people when they spend their money and aren't notified about anything after the purchase. I understand that you work hard to sell these on the side, and that you can't always be so prompt like large companies can. The only problem is that not everyone understands that, and you might lose some business if you get some bad reviews. Now even though you don't make much from the sales, it's still good business practice to follow up with the customer to the best of your abilities (which I'm sure you know).

I'm just speaking from a customer's point of view. Lucky for you, I'm not going to give you a bad review, and that's mostly because I was in no particular hurry to get these headers, so you aren't inconveniencing me.

If I could just mention one thing that I think could help your business, it would be to provide a phone number so that we can contact you by phone. It's much quicker to talk than type, and talking to someone on the phone is much more personal than sending emails back and forth.

Just my two cents. Thanks for sending the tracking numbers.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Could not have said it any better Nick.

Looking forward to see the product.

Ken
Old 01-25-2016, 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The product was worth the wait for me last summer.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Viper
The product was worth the wait for me last summer.
Glad to know. I hear it's a great product, and I'm honestly not mad at all that it hasn't showed up yet. That's because we have about 30" of snow here, and I won't get the car out until spring again. They'll just tease me by sitting around until I can get them installed
Old 01-27-2016, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Well, got my headers today. JUST the headers!!! No Y pipe, and my receipt clearly says "LT1 Headers and Y." I'm going to attempt to contact Carl and see how it goes...

EDIT: XS Power told me that the Y pipes are back ordered for a few more days.

Last edited by Nickster 7; 01-27-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Mine is due tomorrow but according to my weight and size of the package there is no way the y-pipe is in mine. I feel for you Nick I really do, but how how does the headers look?

I'm sure that if we are due the y-pipe that he can send those to us. After all it's should have been included. If not just discount some $$$ back to us and call it good.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ken95Z28
Mine is due tomorrow but according to my weight and size of the package there is no way the y-pipe is in mine. I feel for you Nick I really do, but how how does the headers look?

I'm sure that if we are due the y-pipe that he can send those to us. After all it's should have been included. If not just discount some $$$ back to us and call it good.
I will say that the headers look excellent! They really do look like they would cost much more than they actually did. I just want to get everything straightened out and get the product I paid for.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Same here just headers, have to say the look pretty nice for sure.
Just missing the Y pipe.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW, some help for when you do install the headers and y-pipe. Attach the headers and leave the bolts to the head so you have at least a 1/4" play to move the header; so just start the header bolts, don't tighten them down. This allows slipping the y-pipe on much easier. As far as slipping them on, I recommend using exhaust gasket maker as it allows the pipes to move around.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:00 AM
LPP
Staging Lane

Y-pipes will be shipping the first of the week.
We had to have more made and there was a delay in receiving them.

Quick Reply: What's up with LPP?