LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

* UMI* What Else For My Suspension and UMI Billet Black Sway Bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default * UMI* What Else For My Suspension and UMI Billet Black Sway Bushings?

1.) is UMI going to make the billet bushings in black instead of just red? I just ordered Blaine Fab powder coated front reinforced sway brackets. Next thing I will be getting is the UMI upgraded rear sway bar brackets for the axle in black and I really wanted those black billet bushings to really help strengthen everything together.

Below is what I have for suspension I am looking for a complete full suspension and I want to get opinions on what I need that is left.

Things I'm planning to get:

- UMI black front and rear sway bars
- Blaine fab front reinforced brackets
- UMI rear sway bar axle brackets
- IF UMI has them then both front and rear billet bushing brackets in black and not just red

Suspension parts I have installed on car. Everything has about 150 miles on it:

- UMI 2 point STB
- UMI 2 point weld in SFC
- UMI LCA relocation brackets
- UMI Poly / Roto on car single adjustable LCA's
- UMI Poly / Roto on car single adjustable PHB
- UMI adjustable torque arm full length
- UMI Tunnel brace + DS safety loop
- UMI automatic TQ arm transmission relocation crossmember
- Bilstein shocks
- Strano Springs
- New rear upper spring isolators
- All new front shock mounts, spring seats, front isolators (everything that the front shocks mount to minus the upper and lower a arm and ball joints are all new moog OEM replacements; was told on here to just replace every mount, isolator, upper and lower shock mount and make everything is new which I did.)
- new rear endlinks + new front endlinks both are energy suspension poly
- Motive orange box 373 gears + TA girdle cover + TA stud kid + complete mega Richmond install / rear end ten bolt rebuild kit with all new seals + all Timken bearings. Also have all new pinion spacer sleeve and brand new GM OEM spider gear.

I believe the only thing I have left for the rear end is the rear sway bar billet brackets if available, rear sway bar and rear sway bar axle mounts? Does this look correct?

For the front all I need is: upper a arm, lower a arm, k member (UMI road race), then the Blaine fab brackets and the front sway bar does this all look correct? I'll also get all new premium ball joints + tie rod ends ? Do you guys recommend this as well?

Do I need anything else suspension wise? Does it look that then I'll have a fully adjustable full UMI suspension?

Thanks in advance!

Can't get me enough UMI parts!!
Old 04-25-2016, 08:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have a powder coater nearby? If they don't have black just get red and have them coated.

UMI sells complete front end kits that will save you some cash vs buying seperate - different levels come at different prices and parts included fron a simple k-member+lower arms to a complete front end with shocks and springs.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Puck
Do you have a powder coater nearby? If they don't have black just get red and have them coated.

UMI sells complete front end kits that will save you some cash vs buying seperate - different levels come at different prices and parts included fron a simple k-member+lower arms to a complete front end with shocks and springs.
Yes I do have a coater near by, can you powder coat red poly bushings? I could just have them powder coat the whole billet unit with bushing? I was told to not get poly lower a arms something about them tearing apart and doing damage?
Old 04-25-2016, 01:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

you don't want to powder coat any bushings....
Old 04-25-2016, 01:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Don't powder coat the bushings, but you can powder coat the billet pieces.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Puck
Don't powder coat the bushings, but you can powder coat the billet pieces.
Thoughts what i thought was about to say! Thanks man will do!
Old 04-25-2016, 05:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by blk97z28
Thoughts what i thought was about to say! Thanks man will do!
Keep in mind depending on how thick they lay it on you may need to sand the inner surface back to bare aluminum to get the bushings back in .

Quick Reply: * UMI* What Else For My Suspension and UMI Billet Black Sway Bushings?