LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

time for the round of upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default time for the round of upgrades

last month i went to pull my car out of my garage after putting it into storage and wtf no power assist on my brakes....now i just put the second electric vacuum pump into the car last summer and its acting up again already...
well i decided i was done with it and it was time to step it up a bit, and fix a few other things while i'm at it...
gonna be a bit till everything gets and installedbut heres my latest list of goin broke goodies....
for brakes i went with the 4 piston 14" brembo setup and i'm switching over to a hydroboost setup

i was tired of scraping over speed bumps so i'm swithing over to a flat TA crossmember since it will clear my y and i dont need the dual crossmember that drops down

for motor i got a moroso pan,silicone coolant hoses to replace some old ones,a new oil cooler, and since my old msd box was acting up last year a new 6al box

and lastly for the trans i ordered an ATI3600 converter to replace the cheap 2800 i had in it,a new cooler w/fan and lines, and since all the rest of my chassis and suspension is tubular a new crossmember for that as well

sorry a long pointless post but just happy to finally be moving forward with upgrades again
Old 05-02-2016, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spcearle
last month i went to pull my car out of my garage after putting it into storage and wtf no power assist on my brakes....now i just put the second electric vacuum pump into the car last summer and its acting up again already...
well i decided i was done with it and it was time to step it up a bit, and fix a few other things while i'm at it...
gonna be a bit till everything gets and installedbut heres my latest list of goin broke goodies....
for brakes i went with the 4 piston 14" brembo setup and i'm switching over to a hydroboost setup

i was tired of scraping over speed bumps so i'm swithing over to a flat TA crossmember since it will clear my y and i dont need the dual crossmember that drops down

for motor i got a moroso pan,silicone coolant hoses to replace some old ones,a new oil cooler, and since my old msd box was acting up last year a new 6al box

and lastly for the trans i ordered an ATI3600 converter to replace the cheap 2800 i had in it,a new cooler w/fan and lines, and since all the rest of my chassis and suspension is tubular a new crossmember for that as well

sorry a long pointless post but just happy to finally be moving forward with upgrades again
Always fun to get new parts
Old 05-02-2016, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah getting new parts and enjoying them after they are installed....just not to much fun when it's time to put everything in and especially not fun when you look at your bank account after paying for everything
Old 05-15-2016, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Well finally had a free weekend to work on the car...
The hydroboost system is in and all the ss hydraulic lines are plumbed in now, all that's left is to bleed the brakes and steering system and possibly reroute/mount where I have my line lock silinoid mounted...
The trans and oil cooler are mounted in front of the radiator where ac used to be but I'll have to order some different AN fittings to get the lines run where I want them....

Today's project is to try to get my trans pulled and the oil pan dropped so I can figure out the oil pump...
I'm not sure what pump was put in during my engine build 10+ years ago so not sure if I can use it with my set up but I'll prob be ditching the moroso 5/8 pickup and going with the canton one and either a mellings 10554 or a 10552 which is 10% more volume to work with the cooler and added capacity of course dependent on what's in there now because I always had good pressure with it
Old 05-16-2016, 07:18 AM
TECH Regular

Well yesterday I got the teams dropped and the oil pan out....I went ahead and ordered the 10554 pump since what was in the car appeared to be a gm factory type so I didn't think the extra volume would be necessary....
Now I have to do some cutting on the new pan to clear the knock sensor on pass side and the solid motor mount on the drivers side
Old 06-01-2016, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

Well just an update of where I'm at on this thing.... Had a small issue with the mwc crossmember and being to far back and high causing my ds to hit my safety loop, ended up putting the old crossmember back in and realized that apparently the manual trans mount lines up with this crossmember not the auto but it is still to high ....
Got to drive the car and between the hydroboost and ctsv brakes this thing stops now like I couldn't believe compared to b4...now some small issues I'm sorting out...
Got impatient and didn't think rationally and brought my car to pepboys for an alignment, well after 4hrs the thing is worse now then b4 I got there and on the way home after they closed my ps pump started screaming so today I started putting in a new pump and ended up having to put some small holes in the reservoir cap so it would vent because I was building up a good amount of pressure in the system...
I worked late and tired when I shouldn't have and ended up stripping the fittings for the trans cooler in my alum radiator so I have a temp seal and fitting rigged in right now and will have to have some 6AN bongs welded on to it...
A few of the AN fittings I'm battling small leaks with at the swivel part so I will have to fix those

The new hubs that came with brakes I bought aren't working with the abs so I have to put diff hubs on

So a few little leaks to deal with now and an alignment and hopefully she will be good to go and I can really see how the brakes and new stall converter really are on this

Quick Reply: time for the round of upgrades