LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93 trans am wont start!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 trans am wont start!!!

This car will be the death of me. Was having issues before of the car running then dies when driving. Ran computer diagnostic and it was the optispark. Ordered new optspark from summit. Its their factory version and when i recieved it and looked at the manufacturer date it stated the same year of the one i was replacing. This is not a vented optispark is wasnt till later year where they made it vented. So meanwhile changing the optispark i changed to a 58mm throttle body for the 30 lb injectors and holly fuel pump, new throttle position sensor, and 10.4mm taylor spar plug wires. All was put back together the car fired right up. She got her horsepower back. Drove great for about two weeks no she will not start. Sucked out the old fuel put new in thinking i go bad fuel no. Ether down the throttle body no start. Checked the icm works fine. New coil pack. I have current from the icm to the coil but no spark on the spark plugs. Battery fine, starter good, alternator fine. Could i have gotten a faulty optispark. Its so frustrating, i get one step ahead then something happens like this. She will crank but not turn over. Tried jumping still will not crack. Need some help.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

58mm throttle bodies have issues with the idle air passage or something, I don't have experience with it but someone else can chime in and say what to do, but I would try the stock throttle body. Also you can't just throw in 30lb injectors without a tune, you are running so rich by pumping in all that extra fuel without the past knowing that you changed the flow rate. Put back in the stock injectors and stock throttle body, you don't need either on a stock motor.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Thank you, i forgot to metion that this lt1 is bored 30 over and i thought that the pcm would regulate. Since i added the 30lb injecters she was running rich but since i added the 58mm she has evened out. I found out the issue i purchased an optispark and installed it and it was faulty. Replaced it yesterday and she runs great. Thanks again
Old 05-26-2016, 09:43 AM
Teching In

I see that u have listed a b&m ripper shifter would that be compatable with the 4L60e transmission. Looking into either going hurst or b&m. But also thinking of investing into a monster transmission not sure which way to go with a quick shifter.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

The B&M ripper is a 6 speed shifter.

You still can't run 30lb injectors on a stock tune, you are pouring in so much fuel its probably seeping past the rings and diluting your oil. You NEED a tune, period.

Quick Reply: 93 trans am wont start!!!