LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

CALL911 new build. Kinda made a lot of power...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 07:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New test drive video was added on the first post of this thread.

I took the exhaust off and turned the boost up to kill level for the first time on the street. It proved to be too much for the tires and the asphalt in 4th gear, but it was just a test drive anyways to get a feel for things. More adjustments will follow.

If all goes as planned, I will take it to the track for the first time tonight. Not planning for breaking any records, just to make some shakedown passes with the exhaust back on and the boost turned back down.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome results and always loved that car, where did you get that litle HUD thing for the dash? I love it haha
Old 06-30-2016, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by KLaBZ28
awesome results and always loved that car, where did you get that litle HUD thing for the dash? I love it haha
Thanks! The HUD I got from Lingenfelter years ago. Don't think they sell them anymore.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:34 AM
TECH Addict

So went to the track with low boost to get some shakedown passes in. Did a best of 10.8 @ 139 with a 1.8 60' time. Not bad for a first time out with low boost.

On my last pass after doing a burnout in the burnout box the car felt funny with the clutch. I made it my last pass for the night and did get it on GoPro. On the whole drive home the clutch pedal had a vibration in it and I noticed when putting it in first gear at a stop and pushing the clutch pedal all the way in and reving it that the car started to move forward, so the clutch is not fully disengaging. I am not a transmission guy so I'll ask for help on this one on where to direct my efforts in getting this fixed.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Sounds like either the throw out bearing or the pilot bearing went out. Pilot bearing failure will cause the input shaft to move around. Could be it.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
Sounds like either the throw out bearing or the pilot bearing went out. Pilot bearing failure will cause the input shaft to move around. Could be it.
I am terrible with the transmission stuff. I'll have to get someone to come over and help look at it. Thanks for the input!

(BTW, beer, pizza, ect. if you want to come help a buddy out)
Old 07-01-2016, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
I am terrible with the transmission stuff. I'll have to get someone to come over and help look at it. Thanks for the input!

(BTW, beer, pizza, ect. if you want to come help a buddy out)
I will help. Just have to pull the tranny out. If it only does it with the clutch fully disengaged though it could very well be the throw out bearing. Kind of a toss up.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice shakedown pass!
Old 07-01-2016, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
Nice shakedown pass!
Thanks! Above is my timeslip.

My last run where the tranny got hurt I got on my GoPro. I haven't watched it at all yet, but I'll post it up when I get the chance in the next day or two.

Even on lower boost the car felt incredibly fast. During the last run (the one I got on video), I turned the boost up just a little in 2nd or 3rd gear and the car started to get loose, and I had to lift (but I got back in it). 4th gear is insane. Burried the speedo at 150 at a blistering rate (pretty sure that's on the video).
Old 07-01-2016, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
I will help. Just have to pull the tranny out. If it only does it with the clutch fully disengaged though it could very well be the throw out bearing. Kind of a toss up.
Awesome! Well thanks in advance. I want to check some things tomorrow on it and if it comes to pulling anything, I'll let you know.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Make sure the slave cylinder is not leaking as well. I pulled my tranny thinking throwout bearing when it was a bad slave cylinder. Symptom of this is a low clutch pedal.

Is your clutch pedal low?
Old 07-01-2016, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ACE1252
Make sure the slave cylinder is not leaking as well. I pulled my tranny thinking throwout bearing when it was a bad slave cylinder. Symptom of this is a low clutch pedal.

Is your clutch pedal low?
No, clutch pedal "feels" normal. Just vibration in the clutch pedal itself during higher RPM's when it's pushed to the floor. Also, a little noise and vibration in the shifter as well. This happens also at higher RPM when the clutch is fully engaged and in gear.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you feel vibration in the shifter/Trans area more than normal? With all the heat and such, you may have warped some of the clutch goodies. Feels normal except for higher rpm?
Old 07-02-2016, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6
Do you feel vibration in the shifter/Trans area more than normal? With all the heat and such, you may have warped some of the clutch goodies. Feels normal except for higher rpm?
Yeah there was a vibration but didn't really feel it until higher RPM.

Checked the clutch fluid level. It was low and dirty. Gonna change out the fluid and top it off and now that the car is fully cool gonna try driving it again after the fluid change and topoff and see if that makes a difference.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

What a Beast! This is what I want my car to be like!
Old 07-10-2016, 07:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

139mph on a low boost shakedown pass, damn! Man this thing is gonna be a 150 trap street car. Any plans on ever doing one of those one mile events in it? I wonder if anyone has eclipsed 200mph with an LT1 before. If not, I'd say that title would be yours. ******* awesome man!
Old 07-10-2016, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Nice build call911... I always love seeing an LT motor guy keep up with LT... everyone does LS... and who frankly cares. I want my car to be different... not an LS that everyone runs. I'm in the turbo market myself... but going rear mount for simplicity. Gonna be a DD. But I'm a lil ways from that time until everything falls together.

If there's anything u need help with... well I'll try to do my best... I'm always willing to lend a hand to the LT brethren... well anyone actually who works on their car period.

Hope u keep that LT alive and keep her running great. There's gonna be a few LS guys heartbroken out there.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
139mph on a low boost shakedown pass, damn! Man this thing is gonna be a 150 trap street car. Any plans on ever doing one of those one mile events in it? I wonder if anyone has eclipsed 200mph with an LT1 before. If not, I'd say that title would be yours. ******* awesome man!
I have wanted to do a mile event. The problem is that all of them are very strict on cages, safety rules, ect that would require me to heavily modify the car from what it currently is and what I want it to stay (a street car). So, no, doesn't look like I will end up at any events. There was the Michigan mile event I paid in full for, then got cancelled and no one got their money back (still not happy about that one.

I plan on making a half mile event though. There are several that allow my car as is. It will for sure break 200 without question. I will take it there sometime...
Old 07-12-2016, 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That MPH is just freakin' great. Congrats on the build and the run. Hope you get the transmission issues worked out.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
That MPH is just freakin' great. Congrats on the build and the run. Hope you get the transmission issues worked out.
Thanks dude! I've been gone for work for a little while. Just got home and need to get some things figured out. For some reason the pushrods are coming off the rockers. I set lash then turn the motor over and they are loose or fall off the rockers. I believe this is because I may have too small pushrods. Why this is giving me issues now I don't know. At any rate, I need to get this addressed to see if by flushing and filling the clutch fluid fixed my tranny problem.

Quick Reply: CALL911 new build. Kinda made a lot of power...