LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need part number for Iron head valve springs

Old 10-11-2016, 12:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need part number for Iron head valve springs

Hi there
I've got my engine opened up replacing the lifters and have found a broken valve spring, I've been having a look around on google for a part number or compatible spring to use and it looks like the iron heads use different springs to the alloy heads, so far it looks like iron head vortec valve springs are the correct part number 10212811 is that correct and is there any other part number I should or could be looking at? The engine is out of a wreck transplanted into a 4x4 so I don't know exactly what the engine is out of other than its an iron head B body with the later vented opti, thanks for any assistance
Old 10-11-2016, 05:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not use a better set of springs like BTRs? Unless you are looking for the cheapest possible option.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

the Alex spring has good reports

http://www.alexsparts.com/valve-spri...rf-hyd-roller/

Crane 10309-1 kit is another option for the iron heads
Old 10-12-2016, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a complete set I'll give you .You only have to pay shipping. Vortec should be the same. Only difference is reverse flow on LT1's
Old 01-02-2017, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the slow update, it turned out I had 2 broken springs, I used a couple of old gen 1 springs as an urgent repair to get mobile again they were roughly the right dimensions but just the wrong rate for the roller cam, I went with the Alex Springs posted above they came as a nice kit, I got their shim kit with them but didn't need it the install height measured up ok with the existing shims, I filled the cylinders up with compressed air and did them all in place everything went ok other than dropping a pushrod into the valley so the intake had to come off to retrieve it, thanks for the advice and suggestions above.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need part number for Iron head valve springs