LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ID1300 leaking at the fuel rail

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ID1300 leaking at the fuel rail

So this past weekend I finally made it to the dyno. While on the dyno, driver and passenger side injectors started leaking and at one point, had fuel leaking everywhere.

From my observation, it seems as if the orings od is too small. The injector should fit tight to the point where the injector shouldnt twist at all. Second observation is that the injector body does not have the machined grooves for the injector clips.

My tuner was very helpful and informative on what I should do. He also stated that "It sucks that you spent $1500+ on injectors and they didnt fit correctly". And he also suggested that I machine down the fuel rails and get thicker orings to make sure everything seal properly. He also stated that I should be able to turn the base pressure up to about 80psi and it shouldnt leak one drop. Because if I aim for 20-25lbs of boost the fuel pressure could rise to that point.

So has anyone else had this issue before? With any aftermarket injectors for that matter?
Old 10-12-2016, 10:16 AM
8 Second Club

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

If these are the Bosch Natural Gas Injectors, then I did have the same issue.
I had the fuel rail receiving groove made deeper.
Can you compare these injectors vs stock, not total length, but length from o-ring groove to o-ring groove?
Mine was off by a small amount and I could have used washers to eat up the space but decided to have a machine shop fix the problem.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This issue seems to be about the thickness of the oring which is about a 1/4". The measurement of both injectors are almost identical minus the injector clip grooves. Seems as if the fuel pressure is forcing the injector deeper into the hole() of the manifold. I think that I will take off 1/4" off the fuel rail and see if that presents a tighter fit.

Quick Reply: ID1300 leaking at the fuel rail