LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New truck 5.3 cam thing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 02:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New truck 5.3 cam thing!

Hey guys

am shopping for a cam for my new 2015 5.3 truck, its a new thing to me and haven't seen enough results of a cam swap out of these new gen motors.. direct port injection.
It would be very helpful if experts and experienced people comment on the bellow

How to cam a new gen 5.3 direct port motor?
How is the 1.8 rocker ratio affect the power (extra lift)
How does overlap effect the power in these motors?

Thanks & appreciate your feedback
Old 10-22-2016, 08:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'd have more luck in the Gen 5 internal section, but I'll offer what I would do. Call Advanced Induction in NC, you can go over your setup and tell them what you want and they will custom make you a cam to fit your needs. If you want an off the shelf grind, give us some more details on the setup. 5.3, heads? Intake? N/A, boost, nitrous? Drag racing, road racing/AX, street car? What trans?

Last edited by FIVEPOINT7; 10-27-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a 2015, post it in the gen V section.

If you're looking for more power out of a stock gen v motor and still want it to be drivable as a daily (I'm assuming since it's a 2015 truck), look into Whipple's supercharger packages. They're pricey but you basically just have to pull the intake manifold and I've read about some impressive gains with them while retaining drivability, just an option that's out there.

I'm not a big fan of boosting a stock motor (or boost in general), but considering it's a new engine and not old and tired, and you're not pushing a ton of boost through it, you should be fine for a nice power increase. Then later down the road with a proper build, you can bump the boost up and make some serious power. I just hope you're not worried about your powertrain warranty as with either a supercharger or cam, you'll void it. 6.2's are warranty friendly powerhouses, best of luck!
Old 10-27-2016, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I totally spaced on the 2015 Gen V part. One too many cervesas that night I guess.

Quick Reply: New truck 5.3 cam thing!